Loki - Fear Room (2nd Edition)

A/N: Basically, I retyped the Fear Room from the first imagine book and tried to fill in what was missing. Part Two is up next.

Also would like to take a moment to recognize and thank a few people:

Astophyra for all those nice comments on IG complimenting mine and villainousladyloki's works!  Those comments brought a smile to my face because you thought our works were good enough to be recommended (: x

phoenixninja978  and loyalbuckybodyguard for nominating my works for the marvelfanficawards!  I had no clue that that contest existed, much less that voting was going on right now!  Thank you so much! xx

Back to the imagine, though, anyone who was fortunate to get a chance to read the first edition in its entirety can let me know if this does it justice.

~

Loki's POV

"What could go wrong?" I said. "Try me, I'm ready for anything."

Everything and anything went wrong. I was definitely not prepared.

When Fury requested that everyone undergo the fear room, I scoffed at the idea. I figured I would just be undergoing the normal things: spiders, height, confined spaces. Piece of cake. Not a big deal.

No, he took this training to a whole other level. Coulson led me down the hall and to a waiting room. Al the other Avengers were there, fumbling with their fingers and tapping their legs.

"Why are you guys so afraid?"

My answer came immediately after, Steve screaming his head off while inside the room. My eyes widened as the rest of them cringed.

"What do you think they're doing to him?" Natasha asked.

Clint answered, "Fury said it's only a needle, only a simulation."

Yeah, right.

It was only a matter of time until he returned, his skin white as a sheet and his hands still shaking.

"Peggy, Bucky," he repeated in a murmur as Hill led him back to his room. "Bucky, Peggy."

Why did I decide to help SHIELD again?

"Loki," (Y/N) called for me. My nervous eyes met her sorrowed (e/c) ones. Mustering up the boldness I once hand, I walked into the room with my head held high.

It was a simple room, white walls and an orange glow. In the middle was a chair, similar to that for the dentist's that I had to sit on. Attached to it was another machine, one with a monitor that (Y/N) would operate.

I didn't sit, though. Rather, we just stood there, her arms folded sheepishly.

"It's horrible to see you guys suffer like this."

"'Suffer?'"

She looked at me with confused eyes. "Did you not see how the test made Steve?"

"He's just a wimp."

(Y/N) shook her head. "Loki, this test is different for everyone because it's tailored to the person, and it grows as you get closer to the end of it."

I raised my eyebrow. "But you don't know my fears."

With a sigh, she responds, "I know." She takes out a syringe, a clear, orange liquid inside.