Loki - Gone

Dear (Y/N),

You probably are wondering why I haven't shown up and why I haven't answered you calls. Odds are you may have even found this on my bed, or maybe my nosy brother has stumbled upon this and entrusted it in your hands, as he properly should.

In any case, do not come looking for me.

This was deliberate. I'm sorry to have caused your grief and strife on your big day. I know you asked me to be there for you, and I know Thor is counting on me to be his best man, and I thought I could, but how can I? How can I stand there and let you be given to him? How can I stand there and be okay with losing you forever?

How could I ever be okay knowing that you were walking down the aisle, but it wasn't for me?

I know this isn't the right time to be saying this, and I know that this has scarred all three of us beyond repair. But I knew if I stayed, I would have snapped. That same mentality, wanting what wasn't mine to hold, contributed to Mother being killed, and I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you. If it weren't for that thinking, maybe she would be here to witness your marriage. She could've given you the prep talk, calmed your nerves, smiled at you in the mirror and try to speak about how beautiful you are but failing to capture all your radiance. She would've loved you dearly, but never as intensely and deeply as I do.

Thor has no idea how fortunate and privileged he is about to become. He'll get to wake up to you, fall asleep by your side, produce a child. I hope it's twins, just as you've always wanted. And I know it's a slim chance, but I hope they come out holding hands, for perhaps it will designate a closeness I no longer have with my brother, even if we were never biological to begin with.

Regardless, however life with Thor may come out to be, I hope more than anything that you will be truly happy.

I'm sorry it had to be this way. But I hope it was for the best.

You fold the letter into your hands, tears running the ink as Thor knocks on the door. There was no time to compose yourself, not that you could; your eyes were red and puffy, hands trembling and clammy, lips raw and bitten, and heart so very much broken.

But Thor saw you only as a source of answers.

"Did you find him? Where is he?" Upon seeing the note shaking in your hands, he asks, "What did he say?"

"He's gone, Thor. Just...gone."

***

A/N: I'm back. Big blowout that finally (hopefully) ended/eased some family tension. We'll see how the next few days go.

Special thanks to my sister for posting for me. Due to physical circumstances, I couldn't look at electronic screens , so she did it for me. (Still hurts a bit looking now.) But on medication for it, so should be all better in a week!