Chapter 2: It's Time

The Next Day Came.

"Sierra, we're leaving." My dad called me after having breakfast with a nice warm milk and chocolate flavored pancakes. Mom really knows what I like. I'm fortunate to have a Mom like her.

I went down wearing the locket that they gave me yesterday. I don't want to leave it. It's precious.

"I heard that you and Peter haven't seen each other for a long time." Mom told me knowing that we went to different schools. We still live in the same apartment but different floors.

"Yeah, well I'll try to visit him when we get back." I wanted to see him. We haven't seen each other since that play date. I still remember him saying something about Oscorp and his parents. I also remember May the lady who looks too young for her age. I hope they're doing fine.

"Here you go." Mom gave us kisses and our packed lunch. "Take Care."

"We will." Dad replied giving her a kiss back. "Disgusting." I thought.

We had a family hug and left the apartment.

The elevator opened up. A familiar boy came out. I just looked at him and he looked at me back. We were staring like we knew each other. The elevator door closed. I knew who he was. 

"Peter." I mumbled. "I'll see you later." 

Me and Dad went in our gray but not so old Honda Civic Car and drove to the unknown place.

"I'm still curious where are we going, dad?" I asked him.

"You'll see." Dad replied. 

So I continued listening to some indie rock band songs that were actually pretty good until I fell asleep.

After a few hours

"We're here." Dad woke me up.

It was a dark tall building with heavily guarded guards. We passed through the first security guard post.

"Good Morning, Mr. Hunt." The guard on the second guard post greeted my dad with a big smile. 

"Good Morning, Jack" Dad replied. Jack looked like one of those cops that'll just sit on the car and eat donuts all day. He was wearing the regular blue cop clothes. He was also fat and bald.  "Beautiful Day isn't it?"

"Yes, yes it is." He was writing something on a clipboard. "And this is?"

Jack looked at me 

"Oh this is my daughter." Dad patted my head.

"What, is it take your children to work day?" Jack asked.

Dad laughed.

"No, I just wanted to let her see what my work is like. She might grow up to be like me someday you know." He said.

"Alright, then have fun kid." Jack told me with a big grin.

"I will." I replied

"Oh and Mr. Hunt." He said "Take care of the kid will ya, make sure she doesn't do anything I don't know.....dangerous."

"Don't worry, I'll make sure." I was worried and cautious at the same time. "Of course I won't do something dangerous." or so I thought

We drove off to the parking lot. Dad parked the car on the spot where it says Reserved for Professor Hunt. 

"Looks like you're a VIP here, dad." I told him. He just smirked

A fountain with crystalline designs and an angel on top was placed in front of the entrance. "Looks old" I thought. I went near it and saw a lot of pennies in it. People must be wishing here.

"Looks like an ordinary fountain." I told my dad.

"You should see at night." He smirked

"I wish."

"Maybe next time." 

We walked in and a lot people in lab coats greeted my dad. They were holding a lot of files and blueprints. I can tell since the papers were blue literally.

"Professor Hunt" a guy in a red tie called out. He seemed like a mannered man considering he has a brown clean cut and groomed suit.

"Mr. Stone" Dad looked at him with squinting eyes.

"I trust our work is almost complete." Mr. Stone said

"What work?" I asked my dad.

"Oh it's just something we've been working on." Dad told me but I get the feeling that there's a part of me that I didn't wanna know what he was gonna say.

"I told you not to bring your kid." Mr. Stone warned

"What is he talking about, dad?" I asked dad again.

"Don't worry, i-it's nothing." He replied

"I just brought her to show this, she's gonna own this someday." Dad was really persuasive. He wanted to bring me here to show what my future will look like. 

"Okay, Fine but remember that I did warn you." Mr. Stone said "Well then, this way please."

 We got on a transparent elevator. Mr. Stone pushed the 20th floor button.

"That's a long way up." I mumbled. Mr. Stone looked at me "Get used to it." He said

We made it. We're on the 20th floor. When the elevator door opened it looked like an ordinary office. Ordinary cubicles, ordinary desks, ordinary chairs and most of all ordinary people. That's what looked on the outside but in the inside it was special.

My dad's office/lab was bigger than I thought. There were equipments everywhere. Lots and lots of papers were scattered on the desk. 

"Stay here first, me and Mr. Stone will just like to have a private conversation." Dad expects me to just stay here and be behaved. 

Not. 

When Dad and Mr. Stone went into another room. I checked out what other stuff he has in here. All I saw was just files, blueprints and lab equipments but something big is under the bed sheet. I found it below the table full of blueprints. I removed the sheet and saw just a big old silver cube. It had buttons which makes it more interesting for me especially the biggest green button. Since I was curious enough to  know what does. I pressed it. I fell for the oldest trick in the button. Don't push the red button or green for this one. The cube started to light up. It shone rays of beams but one of it's beams went through me. I felt this tingling feeling at the same time I felt pain. I screamed.

Dad and Mr. Smith heard the noise and went back hurriedly. When they opened the door they looked surprised.

"Sierra!!" Dad saw the beam of light that went through me. He and Mr. Stone was about to get close to me when- 

(BOOM)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! :) More chapters on the way :D

- Bea