Though at first I was hesitant - how can I just become friends with one guy after leaving another? -  but thats it. We're only friends. But I feel like I can trust him.....considering he’s also a werewolf. 

And a rogue. 

I feel bad for him sometimes, he, unlike me, has no family. He’s just alone. I wonder why he even goes to school, but when I question him he just shrugs and says he would have dropped out but he likes being with me. 

-Insert awkward moment- 

But he knows all about Declan. I told him everything. 

His reaction was basically like my brother’s, only he didn’t want to go kill him. He just agreed with Declan’s dad and thought it was some kind of spell or charm, that we weren’t really mates. 

I just shrugged.  

“Took you long enough,” Eric rolled his eyes as I jumped into his (new) car. 

“I don’t ask you to pick me up you know,” I rolled my eyes back. 

He shrugged, and pulled out of the driveway. 

“How was your morning?” He asked suddenly. 

“Lets see..I woke up, broke my alarm clock -for the 3rd time- took a shower, changed, ate a piece of toast, tripped and got laughed at by my 10-year-old brothers, Fun huh?” I replied sarcastically. 

He shook his head, “Ah yes the epitome of greatness” 

“Yay we're both into sarcasm this morning” 

“You know you love my sarcasm!” 

I laughed, “Yep just keep telling yourself that sweetheart.” rolling my eyes, I sat my head back against the chair. 

“Look....” He started, in a low serious voice. 

“What?” I frowned. 

He hesitated, then seemed to change his mind, “uh...are you ever going to wear some color?” He eyed me. 

“Whats wrong with my clothes?” I frowned. 

He looked at me with a ‘Are you serious’? expression on his face. 

I looked down at my clothes - black knee high boots, black skinny jeans, my brother’s Panic! at the Disco black and white T shirt, and leather jacket. Ok I can see his point. 

“Stop living in the past Sky” He shook his head sadly. 

“What?!” I snapped. 

“I get it, it’s about Declan... but you can’t be mates with a vampire. You loved him, but  I’m sure he's not sitting around wearing all black and being depressed. You only knew him for one weekend, seriously.” 

I looked at him shocked. That’s really what he thought of me? That I was an over-dramatic girl who was in love with someone who didn’t even feel that same way back? 

“I can’t believe you just said that.” I spat, turning my head, and holding back tears. 

“No, Sky I didn’t mean it like that. I just think you should be happy. He would want you to be.” 

I sighed and closed my eyes.

“Don’t talk about him like he’s dead.” 

Eric sighed in defeat. The rest of the ride was in silence. 

Once we got to the school, I was about to get out when Eric’s hand stopped me. 

“I’m sorry. I really wasn’t trying to make you upset. Are we ok?” He asked looking deep into my eyes, as though trying to read my mind. 

I nodded, “It’s ok, we're fine” 

Smiling I got out of the car. 

Eric came around the front and we walked to 1st period together. 

I miss Declan.