Final Word

I'm not sorry. It is how it is and i hope you are not either. We both found people who understand us better than we ever understood each other. That's great, right? You know it is.

I wish i can see you one last time,but that would bring too many bitter-sweet memories. I don't think i will ever stop loving you, a little less now then before, but still. Sometimes i crave your voice and hands going through my hair. The one thing you did the best is making me laugh to your stories.

You still ask why we broke up so suddenly? Well don't you get it? There just wasn't enough time.

No matter how hard we tried there was always something in our way, your art or my books. We needed our worlds so badly that we just weren't ready to give them up, even if being together would create a whole new one.

Later on, all of us went on different paths. Since you moved in the city, nothing is the same. Our friends and I also went to University, all in different ones. I still occasionally see George and Alex, but they are the ones who changed the least, i think. Did you even hear from them recently? You were such great friends.

They kept their smiles and mean sense of humour that only a few of us understood. I don't think they are as good friends as they used to be, but at least they are not strangers to me, like i was afraid they would be.

I bet they miss you,you were like brothers. I remember high school and how you had this weird bromance going on that i always found cute. It only took one look at you guys and i knew that you three had a special kind of friendship. I never wanted to keep you away from them.

But i guess faith separated you. And you said it didn't exist. I knew there was no point in persuading you otherwise. Anyway, this shall be the end. Maybe we had one of those modern fairytales where everyone lives happily ever after without each other. Yeah, that must be it.

Please write soon, dear.

Love,
Alice.