Chapter 9: Luhan's Absence Being Greatly Felt

Chapter Nine: Luhan's Absence Being Greatly Felt

Jin feels weird because Luhan left really early. The irony there since she was always the one who wakes him up.

"Goodmorning," her guy friends greeted her and she gave them a nod.

"Why isn't Luhan here yet?" she asked them, totally confused now.

"I'm actually wondering why he isn't with you," Chen says.

"Ah, I don't know either. He left really early." Jin sat on her chair and thought where could her best friend be.

Minutes passed and their teacher showed up. They all stood up to give a greeting in unison.

Jin keeps looking at the classroom's front door to see if Luhan enters.

There are three vacant seats. One of their classmate is already absent for 2 days because he's sick. The other two are— it's not a coincidence already.

She felt her stomach tighten a little bit at the idea of Luhan and Tiffany together again.

The teacher started calling their names to monitor their daily attendance.

"Kim Minseok."

"Present ma'am!"

"Wu Kris." Kris only raised his hand.

"Lu Han.." She trailed but no one anwered so she repeated his name again.

"Okay. Mr. Lu is absent.." She said and proceeded calling names again.

The same happened when Miyoung's name was mentioned and others started whispering.

"Yah, I saw Luhan and Minyoung at the mall the day before yesterday."

"Really? They're probably dating.."

"Too in love with each other to leave their classes behind," one shakes her head.

The gossips made Jin dig her nails in her palms but she needs to be calm.

"Girls, I appreciate it if you will listen to our discussion."

Thank heavens, our teacher finally noticed their nonsense chatterings.

"JIN-noona, at least eat your food." Tao pointed his chopsticks on hers.

He probably noticed that she's just playing with her fork. It's lunch time and they are not in school yet.

"If you don't want to eat those.." Xiumin pointed at her food too. "Then let me eat it them!" He continued that made him receive a smack from Tao.

"Yah! I'm older than you! How dare you hit me you disrespectful child!" He pouted that made Tao roll his eyes. "By age, but not mentally.." Tao said.

Jin gave a big sigh which made Xiumin stop from retorting back.

"You're acting weird Jin." Lay, who's quiet most of the time said.

"I'm just not in the mood." she answered with a frown and dropped her utensil.

"Perhaps..." Kris placed his finger in his chin as if he was thinking something.

"—because of your best friend?" he smirked which made Jin's forehead crease.

Does he know? Jin stared hardly at Kris and he raised his brow before giving a teasing smile. Aish.

"What? Why? Did you guys get into a fight?" Sometimes, I thank the heavens that Lay is always clueless. Jin shakes her head.