Chapter 4: When Twitter Becomes Jin's Diary

Chapter Four: When Twitter Becomes Jin's Diary

"Hey, before we go home let's go to a fast food restaurant." Luhan said as he and Jin walked out of the school gates.

"Not hungry." Jin lifelessly said as she blankly stared at the road.

"That's what you get for prioritizing a conversation on Tiffany." She mentally mocked him inside her head.

"I did not say I'd treat you though." He chuckled but Jin is obviously not in the mood.

"You know what? Just go." She dismissed him and walked quickly.

Luhan, on the other hand, ran to keep up with her.

"Okay, I forgot your lunch but I gave you mine anyway so why are you acting like this?" He asked, frustrated.

Jin stopped and took a deep breath.

"None of your business! I have other things to do." She purposely bumped his shoulders and started walking ahead of him.

Luhan abruptly gets a hold of her wrist and this action made Jin quite shocked because they are now standing close to each other, faces inches apart.

"Fine, I was so stupid." He breathed. His eyes sad and they looked so sincere that Jin could melt—"Oh no, no, no." She tells to herself.

She's falling to her best friend's charm and she hated admitting it.

"Now, can you please go with me at McDonald's and take my treat as a sorry of what happened a while back?" He asks and holds her hand then he clasps his on hers. Eyes full of hope.

She was lost in his eyes for a moment.

And so, she imagined that they were like her favorite coffee to drink— dark, creamy, aromatic, and addicting.

The ones that would keep her up all night thinking about so many things. Specifically him!

Her heart palpitated once more because of the skin ship after looking down their clasped hands— they felt so warm! It's drowning her into the thought of him being a simile to her favorite coffee once again.

Alarm! NO!

Jin closed her eyes tightly and shook her head furiously.

"What the hell is happening to me?" She unconsciously asks herself loudly.

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked her with equal loudness.

Jin blinks for a few times before she looks again at their hands and removes hers from his.

"Hey, I really have to go. I'm not feeling well." She steps back and runs her fingers to her short hair.

"That explains why your cheeks are extra pinkish." Luhan laughs while Jin immediately puts her palms on the side of her cheeks.

"Idiot, I'm on my period!" She reasoned out suddenly and kicks him before she runs away.

"YAH!" Luhan shouted hoping his friend would stop from running but to no avail.

"Crazy girl.." He mutters as he made his way to McDonald's thinking it must be really painful for Jin to run while she's on her period— but wait, she's something extraordinary.

Luhan shakes his head and just thought he'll have a take out for her.

JIN opens her room door wide open and fishes her phone out of her string bag.

She taps the faceless white bird icon with a blue background and starts typing something.

peachulli: what a cliché thing to fall in love with ur best friend. yikes.

She erases it and types again.

peachulli: i wish i were a pretty girl.

She sighs and posts it.

This has been her secret account, where she could be a bit girly— her other side which just comes out once in a blue moon.

She thinks it is better this way, to just type her problems, wishes, and whatsoever in her online diary.

Jin scrolls down her feed and just reads random tweets.

She follows a lot of accounts while she barely has 15 followers and she doesn't even know them. She didn't care though.

Suddenly, a notification pops up and she raises her brow. This was unusual just because— never mind.

teahxn: @peachulli what makes u wish u were one?

It was a reply from her very first tweet this day.

peachulli: @teahxn what makes u curious?

She responds to the stranger.

teahxn: @peachulli are u insecure?

Jin rolls her eyes.

peachuli: @teahxn what if i am?

Jin is fully aware that she was conversing with a stranger but she knows she's safe since there isn't anything in her account that reveals her true identity.

teahxn: @peachulli well u shouldn't be.

She raises her brow and decides to visit his account.

"Woah," She mutters as she scrolls down and sees he or she just started tweeting. The first one was his or her reply from her.

peachulli: @teahxn do u know me?

She tweets.

A minute passed before a reply came.

teahxn: @peachulli i don't really know u yet.

peachulli: @teahxn let me guess, u r a guy who has nothing to do so he hits on girls. veryyy typical.

She snorts.

teahxn: @peachulli harsh, i am a guy but i'm nothing like u said.

Jin feels guilty all of a sudden but what if this guy is just pranking? Or not? She'll never know.

peachulli: @teahxn well sorry but i swear that if u're lying then i'll hunt u down.

teahxn: @peachulli u're funny. how can u do that if i really am?

Is this guy taunting Jin?

peachulli: @teahxn dude, i'm not like any other girls. i'll find a way.

teahxn: @peachuli see, u're unique so u shouldn't be jealous with any other girls.

This stirred something. She widens her eyes and immediately types.

peachulli: @teahxn yah! how would u even know if i'm jealous?

teahxn: @peachulli u r though.

"Geez, I replied wrongly. It just confirms that I am jealous." She thinks and flicks her forehead lightly for being stupid.

peachulli: @teahxn whatever. goodbye.

She finally tries to end the conversation.

teahxn: @peachulli ne, reminder that u r beautiful just the way u are :)

"Tsk, prankster." She shakes her head.

She was about to close the app when she accidently clicks his icon which was now changed into a cute anime guy holding some shake— or so she thinks. It led to his profile and his location.

SMTU. Short for SM Town University.

Her eyes widen.

Crap!

They're attending the same institution!

[ Happy 6th Anniversary EXO! ]

— don't forget to vote & comment! please support me :)

To Jin_ri94, Here you go. I'm glad you like this story :)