Chapter 2

I shut my phone off and all but race to get off the damn bus. I walk up my driveway, grab the mail, and unlock the door to my house. I look over and see a moving truck in the driveway parked and a car pulling in, the car from the school. Mystery boys car. The car stops, parking, and he steps out. He looks over, sees me, and waves with a smile. Holy fudge cakes this boy is gorgeous. I blush and wave back to him, I can at least try and be semi-friendly. He won't be sticking around me for long anyway. I walk inside and shut the door, locking it.  Time to get a knife.

As soon as I grab a knife out of a kitchen drawer, I look at my wrists (which are highly scarred) and press the knife down against my skin, a slight pain emitting from the action. I slit myself open and the blood starts pouring out of me in little red beads, and the pain starts to come. The blood trickling down my wrists, the tears streaming down my face. I deserve this. I'm absolutely horrible and no one likes me. I deserve this. I shouldn't be alive. I'm worthless. I should just go die in a hole. I have no friends; I have no one who cares. I'm alone. This endless pit of darkness inside me is eating me alive.  I just can't do this anymore.  I can't live.  I can't keep going.  I just can't keep doing this.  It's completely killing me inside and out.  The blood slows down and the pain starts receding, so I make another cut, farther up on my arm.  And another, and another.  All the way up to my shoulder on both of my arms.  This is my life now.

After I'm done, I walk over to the sink to wash off my arms.  The blood washes down the sink, cold water feeling insanely good against my burning hot skin.  I slip on my shirt again, and now they're all covered up.  Like nothing ever happened.

Me- Hey...

Katness- Hi. What's wrong?

Me- I cut myself again

Katness- OMG! Brooke! You can't do that!

Me- Sorry...

Katness- Just don't die on us alright?

Me- I can't guarantee that Kat

Katness- Don't you dare kill yourself!

Me- I might

GuessWho- Whoa... Holy crap. Brooke don't kill yourself and stop cutting. It doesn't solve anything.

Me- :,(

GuessWho- *hugs you* it'll be okay I'll be here

Katness- I'll be here to Brooke

Me- Thanks guys.

GuessWho- No problem sweetie

I look out the window and see him coming over.

Me- Umm... I gtg guys super cute new guy is heading over to my house for some reason.

Katness- Clean up your wrists, and be nice, don't want to scare him away right?;)

GuessWho- Bye *rolls my eyes* girls

Me- Bye talk to you guys later

Well, here goes nothing.  I hear a knock on the door so I walk over and open it. "Hello. Welcome to the neighborhood." I smile up at him. He looks around five foot eleven. "Hey. Thanks. Umm... I just wanted to introduce myself." He says nervously, shuffling his feet a little looking down at me. Which is cute, no one is nervous around me, just rude. "My name is Josh."

"Hi Josh. Nice to meet you. My name is Brooke." I try my best to give him a nice smile, it's kind of hard at the moment since I just cut. "Nice to meet you Brooke." He crooked smiles at me, leaving me completely stunned. "What brought you to the neighborhood?" If he's standing here, I might as well get the scoop right? "Just family stuff, and we needed a change of atmosphere." He explains to me slightly, his eyes saddening during the last four words. "Oh, well welcome to the town. What grade are you in?"