Chapter 14

14 Days Later...

Brooke

"Brooke! Are you ready?" Josh's mom yells to me from down the hallway. "Yeah, I am Ms. Fragran." In case you are wondering why I'm with them, it is because of my parents. They let me move in because they didn't want to take care of me and Josh's mom offered, but only if Josh and I kept our doors open whenever we are together. Is that not just the greatest thing you have ever heard? (Hint: that was sarcasm loud and clear) And yes, they are still my legal guardians this is just like an extended sleepover kind of thing I suppose. I walk down the hall as best I can, limping because my leg still has not fully healed from that umm...incident. As soon as I get in the car and buckle up we drive off to my first therapy session and I just can not wait to see how this shit goes. I don't need it anyway. I have Josh as my therapist. But, whatever, it makes both of them happy. And if that's the case, I will do it in a heartbeat. That is the only thing that matters to me right now. Making them happy that is. And being with Josh. And staying alive. And not cutting. And not getting myself addicted to the pain medication they still have me hooked up on. Alright, so that is a lot of things to focus on at one time. Oh well, I guess I will just have to figure it all out. And Josh also told his mom about the rape thing that happened and that is another reason why she is putting me into therapy. I just can not wait to fuck up this person's mind so badly. I honestly am just going to let loose and tell my entire life story. If she lets me. I don't know what this is going to be like. God damn I'm anxious as hell.

A few minutes later we pull into the parking lot. It is a nice dark brown building with steps leading up to a dark blue door. "Alright Brooke. Talk to the therapist and I will be waiting right outside when your session ends okay?" Sylvia smiles at me. "Yes ma'am. Thank you so much for everything."

"It is really no problem Brooke. Now go." I get out of the car wobbling a little and walk to the door. As soon as I open it the smell of lavender and vanilla hits me. I shut the door behind me and sit in a chair to wait till I am called in since I am a couple of minutes early. "Brooke Gosaka?" A woman asks coming out of a room. She looks to be in her mid-forties and has wavy, blonde, shoulder length hair and green eyes. "That's me."

"Hello. I am Carter Young, and I will be helping you through your troubled mind and past. While you are in here it would be best for you to keep an open mind." She smiles at me, all her teeth are perfectly white and straight, kind of like she's a model. "Fantastic." I say smiling at her, trying to keep an open mind like she told me to. "Come in and we can start our session." We walk into the room and it looks so bright and happy and cheerful, it almost makes me want to be sick. That is how bad it is. Open mind...open mind...open mind. "Now, why don't you tell me what's been going on with you lately?"

"It isn't just lately. This has been going on in my head for years and I guess it just finally decided to explode into a big ball of emotion with a deadly cause."

"I see, and is there anything you would like to say about it?" Her tone sounds concerned, I just can't tell if it's fake concern or real concern. "Everyone's done something in their life that they wish they could change. For me, it started a couple years ago. Have you ever felt all alone? Like no one in the world cares? So, if you have, you feel like cutting yourself, like, well absolutely depressed. It started in seventh grade for me, only 13 years old and wanting to feel like I was dead. I shouldn't have done a lot of the stuff that I did, but I did them anyway. Screw the consequences was my motto. Maybe I could have handled it differently, no I most definitely could have handled everything differently. I felt like no one cared but, people do care it would be against human nature for them not to care. You have your friends, family, schoolmates, and even your pets. Try to take your life into account, imagine what could happen if you handle the situation one way or another. That's just my advice though. This is my story." I say as I begin to tell her every little thing about me.