"I'm gonna be honest with you because for some reason I can trust you, I know I can," he begins, confusing me. "I've never told anyone this, they kept it on the down low when it happened, my father's in jail for beating and murdering my mother." He sighs, "I was fifteen when it happened. I confronted him, screaming and yelling and that's when he tried to kill me too. I don't know what went wrong with him, something must've clicked in that brain of his. He's still my father, but he must've gone off the deep end."

Oh god that's awful... I'm silent as I run a hand through his hair, trying to console him. I suck at helping people since I'm rarely close enough to them to do so but I try. I sort of pet him in a way, not really knowing what to do.

He moves and places a light kiss on my shoulder. "Thank you for not reacting weird to that, I just figured since I knew your secret, you could know mine."

I become acutely aware of the fact that I'm only in a matching set of bra and panties. "Uh, do you have some clothes I could use so I can get back to my house, grab my own and head to school."

"You're not going back to your house. You can use my clothes today but I'm getting you new clothes and I'll get whatever you need from your house. You're not going back there. You're staying with me. I'm not letting that asshole anywhere near you ever again." He then continues but quieter. "I couldn't save her, I'm gonna save you."

I don't know what to say other than to agree. "Okay."

Looks like I'm staying with him. Well, until I'm forced to come home by authorities. That is, if my dad is even smart enough to go to them.

"So what am I gonna wear to school?" I ask.

"We're skipping." He smiles.

"What?! I don't skip!" I sort of yell.

"We are today. We'll go to the mall and get you some new clothes, something other than a hoodie, and we'll take Sam to the ice cream parlor."

"You are not paying for me to have new stuff. We practically hate each other."

"True, I'm not fond of you. But you're staying with me so I'm gonna take care of your needs." He smirks. "All of your needs." With a wink he stands up and begins to leave the room.

"Yup, still an asshole."

"Always am, Sweetheart." I can't believe I almost kissed him. I can't believe he's seen me in just my bra and panties. And somehow I still don't care about all of that! I still don't cover myself and I'd still kiss him! Ugh!

"I'm gonna go get some clothes for you." He dissapears, leaving me alone in a room I'm assuming to be a guest room.

The room has gray walls, beautiful white curtains and the accent colors are red and silver. It's like the cover of a Twilight book. The comforter is what makes me smile the most, it's a monochrome Alice in Wonderland one, the Cheshire Cat is in a tree looking down at Alice.

That reminds me, Aliss! I told her and the rest of my newfound friends I'd go to the Football game tonight! Oh god I don't have their numbers so I still have to go... Why did I say yes? Ugh

Aiden comes back into the room with a pair of white skinny jeans, mint converse and a Nirvana t-shirt. The shirt looks like his but where did the other things come from.

"Who's shoes and jeans?" I ask.

"My sort of sister. She's in Africa helping the poor. She works with a lot of Christian ministry groups on missions trips. She's big on religion. She should be coming back in three weeks. I don't think she'd mind you using her clothes."
He sets the clothes on the edge of the bed.

"Sort of sister?"

"She was adopted in a way. Not truly adopted though. My mother's best friend died of cancer when Sarah and I were little. So Sarah was left to us in legal documents."

"Oh, are you close with her?"

"Yeah, she's like my best friend aside from the guys I hang out with. You'll meet them eventually." He smiles. "Get dressed and we'll get some breakfast before leaving. Bathroom's down the hall."

"Thank you for all of this." I return his smile.

"Anything for you, Sweetheart." And there's the cocky smirk again. I roll my eyes as he dispapears.

I change in the room with the door closed and locked. The last thing I do before heading to the bathroom is straighten the room up. By that I just mean make the bed.

I walk out and head in the direction he'd gestured the bathroom would be in. I see it quickly and walk in. It's got light sun yellow walls and decor to match. Whoever decorated this house is a miracle worker. I wonder if his mother had done it.

Looking in the mirror, I see how bad the bruises are. Better than yesterday since this is the first time in a while they've had more than a night to heal. There's a gash on my forehead but it's not that deep. Since he only gave me a t-shirt and not a hoodie, my arms are visible, putting my purple bruises on display for all the world. I sigh. If I had my makeup, I could dim them but I don't, they're in my drawer at home.

Since there's nothing I can do about it, I decide the best option is to just leave and hold my head high.

☕️☕️☕️

"Aiden!" I call out. God this place is huge. I can't even find the room I stayed in. "Aiden!"

"What?" He walks out of a room two doors behind me, looking very confused.

"Where even are we in this house? I've been looking everywhere for you!" I huff.

"This way." He leads me down. Few halls and into what looks like the main room. I can see the front door.

"FREEDOM!" I shout and drop to kiss the ground.

"What?" He starts laughing.

Standing up, I speak again, "I'm free of hell that is those halls."

"Dork." He turns from me, "SAMMY!"

Sammy appears within a minute, "Ready!" He says. The three of us start towards a door which I guess is the garage. Four cars are lined up along with Aiden's Motercycle.

"Which one are we taking?" I ask Aiden.

"The black one! Pleaseeeee!" Sam begs.

"Apparently we're taking the black one." Aiden laughs, ruffling his little brother's hair. He slides into the driver's seat, Sam heads to the backseat, and I to the passenger's seat.

Sam lunges forward to hit a button, making the garage door rise with a loud noise. The smile on his face is absolutely adorable. I wonder if Aiden's smile has a resemblance. I haven't really seen a big smile, I've seen a fake grin but never a real smile from Aiden. There's definitely a resemblance between the boy's looks, other than their hair. While Aiden's is dark, Sam's is dirty blonde. Both have those menacing blue eyes though. I don't particularly like Aiden, I mean, he saved me and all, but he's not really that great, he's still an ass. He doesn't treat girls well. But Sam, I love Sam. He's cute and sweet and hyper. Was Aiden like him? If so then what happened? His mom? Was that when he became rude and without a care about who he hurts?

The car pulls out, dragging me from my thoughts as we're on our way to the mall.

•*•*•*•*•

AHHHH another update! Haha

Vote, comment, and follow me! Thanks for reading!

~ Nyx S.