Chapter 6

"Montparnasse... What are you doing here...?" I said furrowing my eyebrows, holding a shocked expression. His grey eyes glistened with trickery and deceit. His crooked smile made its way to his face as he stepped closer to me. I backed up only to meet the cold brick against my back. I froze. He kept inching closer and closer until our bodies were merely but an inch apart. I felt his warm breath on my face. The light from the lantern lit his face, making his handsome features stand out. He wore a fine black tail coat and trousers. He had on a neatly tied cravat and wore a black top hat. Ive always wondered why a man of his status dressed so well....I looked out to the street on my right, no one in sight. I looked out to the street on my left, no one was there.

"Is there somthing wrong with wanting to see my favourite girl?" He purred brining his face closer to mine, his crooked smile still sitting on his face. I scoffed, and looked away. Handsome yes, but pleasant? Absolutely not.

"Montparnasse, leave me be. Besides, you will be arrested if you are caught out here." I said stepping out of his grip. My pipe was still in my hand and I gripped it tightly. I placed it in my mouth as I started to walk away towards the dimly lit street. I felt a firm hand on my arm as I was pulled and spun around into the handsome treacherous man, my stomach pressed against his. My face was glowed a deep red tinge, to my luck in the dark light it was un visible. I could feel his chest bounce up and down as he chuckled.

"Look at you, still dressed as a street boy. You could rid of this you know. Here you have so much potential-" he paused and chuckled. He gave me a troubled smile and lifted his hand up to my head. He touched the rim of my tattered hat slightly, then pulled it off, making my long hair down my chest.

"There is always the other option." Montparnasse leered as he pulled me tighter. I scowled at him, and bit my lip hard in frustration.

"I will not fall prey to your ridiculous scheme! I'm doing just fine on my own, and it seems your idiotic gang is doing just fine as well without my aid." I said attempting to squirm out of his reach, but failing however. This hasn't been the first of his asking. He's asked me plenty of times I've rejected him every time. He's a scum. I didn't always used to think that however...

"Your quite the creature my dear! Your no different from when we first laid eyes on each other, your still the same cynical, scowly woman's I've always loved, m'lady!" He said mockingly, cocking is head looking at me with a twisted smile upon his face my cap still tightly in his grip. Won't this man ever stop? This man is evil and he has no right to be around me.

"Such a old soul you have... A soul that must be protected! Don't forget my dear, no one has but laid much more that a hand or a foot on you my lady, that is because I have friends in high places." he snickered tugging me closer.

"Montparnasse, let me go. Please." I commanded firmly but softly. I'm done fighting. I just wish to rest.

His chuckles ceased and he paused for a moment and let me go. I backed away looking at him, sternly.

"I am not in need of your services. Please, leave me be. I am able I care for myself." I said. I began to turn and walk away.

"When was the last time you've eaten." I turned around to face the source of the voice.

"That is none of your concer-"

"One month."

"No! It surly hasn't been tha-"

"Don't lie to me, Natalia." He said, his mocking demeanour disappearing and becoming a serious one.

"How do you know this exactly." I said taking a step closer. I eyed him suspiciously. His mocking demeanour was slowly returning.