Chapter 2

A/N: So this is the original photo for the cover, as one of you guys requested. I myself didn't create it, but I edited it for the story.

Enjoy~!

You finally removed the hood, sheepishly looking up for a brief moment, immediately gasping as you saw the tall, blue figure before you.

Lines, engraved on his face, his eyes were distinctly a bright hazel, though they almost seemed red. His skin was a dark blue, his hair even darker. He wore a warm, toothy grin that revealed his sharp teeth. On the side, you noticed something waving around...was that-- a tail?!

You turned white, though, to your surprise, didn't glow.

"Wow, you change colors?," the boy before you asked, in bewilderment of your powers. Confused, being that he wasn't afraid of you, yet unphased at the same time, you nodded.

"It's an emotion thing. The colors go with the way I feel."

"Really?," the blue boy's smile grew. You couldn't help but to finally be infected with it, the smile was just too contagious. "That's amazing..." His voice trailed off as he stared you up and down, as if analyzing you, trying to decipher your mysteries.

"And you?," you queried.

The fellow mutant immediately looked up. "Was?" (What?)

"What's your power, stranger?," you asked, taking a seat in the pew, and crossing your legs.

Yet another toothy grin graced your presence as he curled his lips up, revealing his sharp, canine teeth.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

Immediately, a purple cloud of dust made contact with your face, followed by a bamf. You coughed a little, swatting away the foreign air, and looked up, to see a blue figure sitting on top of one of the chandeliers.

You laugh, dumbfounded and amazed. "You teleport?!"

He laughed too, obviously satisfied with your reaction. He teleported from chandelier to chandelier, window to window, pew to pew. At one point, he accidentally teleported on top of one of the statues, though, teleported off of it, then on his knees, begged, "Vergib mir, Vater, for I have sinned," (Forgive me, Father). The whole time, you followed him, laughing as you ran, like a child ran after colorful bubbles, blown away in the wind.

Eventually, you ran to the front of the altar, trying to figure out where he teleported this time around. Though as soon as you turned, you stood, face to face, inches from your new acquaintance. You yelled in surprise, then, with the blue boy in front of you, burst into tears of laughter. You then tripped over his tail, pulling him along with you.

Blushing madly, he stood up, brushed his dark blue hair back, and helped you up.

"I'm afraid I haven't caught your name yet," you smiled, standing up, breathing normally. "Is it blueberry?"

With a chuckle, he replied, "I wish. But, sadly, I've been burdened with this boring name," he bent down, and held out his hand for you, tail curling up, "Kurt. Kurt Wagner."

"Nice to meet you... Kurt," you responded, finding the taste of this stranger's name compelling. "I'm ________."

For a minute, you simply studied his face, dominantly red eyes meeting yours. He had inscriptions decorating his cerulean face, as if he came from another world. His teeth, as you saw earlier, were sharp, dangerous, though it seemed as if he'd never hurt you, looking at the gentle smile that covered them. And his hair, of course, always seemed as if it were to cover his left eye, though never really did so.