Chapter Ten

RECAPE

Can I trust you?” I asked fiddling with my hands.

“Yah, of course you can why would you think other wise.” He smiled showing his white teeth off.

“Come with me.” I said as I pulled him out of the parlor and into an ally. “Wait right there.”

I said as I turned around and put it on. I breathed hard and then let go. I froze and turned around. I cant believe I am doing this. I saw his face full of confusion. I spoke up, “I am Swat, and I want to help you.”

PRESENT

He stood there, just stood there. I never have told anyone my secret, but that is now a lie. After three minutes of looking at me he smiled. He said nothing just smiled. I started to get worried. My palms where sweaty and my leg was asleep. Then he spoke up, “how will you help me?”

“I am making you in to a hero.” I said with little to no expression.

His face flickered a smile but soon turned dark. “I think your taking on to much.”

“Really because I feel I am taking just enough.” I smirked.

“How will you do that.”

“You will see.”

“Who will I be?” He asked.

“My side kick.”

“And what’s my name?” I thought for a second and answered.

“Rookie.” I smiled.

“I see you have this planned out.”

“No here put this on.” I said handing him a mask.

“What’s this for?” He said putting it on.

“So no one knows your identity, now follow me.” He walked for ten minutes when we came to a sewing shop called Ann. This is where most of the heroes costumes are made and altered. I walked in fallowed by Dylan. I made my way to the counter. And said, “Here for my order.”

The girl smiled and gave me two bags, one holding his uniform and one holding my new improved one. You see I might have made a call earlier. I gave him his bag and went into a dressing room as did I.

When I finished, I looked into my outfit. I was in a pair of black long leather pants a pair of knee high boots, as for my shirt it was also black but it was sleeveless. All around my body I had places for weapons and all that. My utility was also black. I had my same hat and mask but I looked good.

I walked out the same time he did. His costume was a little more simple. Black pants with pockets for weapons. A blue shirt and a vest with the word Rookie. He had multiple weapons too along with a utility belt. We took it of and put normal clothes on. When we were out side I smiled and spoke, “Do you like.”

“Yah I do, thanks.”

“Your welcome.”

“How can I ever repay you.” He chuckled.

“I don’t know?” I smiled.

“Can I ask you a question?” He asked.

“Yah.”

“Do you love Dick still?” I was shocked by the question I thought and answered.

“I might have had feelings, and I did say that but looking at it. I only could love someone who wasn’t wasn’t?” I pondered.

“What most people call loving consists of picking out a woman and marrying her. They pick her out, I swear, I’ve seen them. As if you could pick in love, as if it were not a lightning bolt that splits your bones and leaves you staked out in the middle of the courtyard. They probably say that they pick her out because-they-love-her, I think it’s just the stereotype. Beatrice wasn’t picked out, Juliet wasn’t picked out. You don’t pick out the rain that soaks you to a skin when you come out of a concert.”

“Yes, I picked him. He wasn’t brought to me by some unknown force, I simply picked him. Oh and nice quote by Julio Cortazar.” I smiled as we walked down the street that was only light up by street lights.

“Thanks, lesson there will be the guy for you and you will know it.” He smiled brightly at me.

“I have a quote for you!” I practically yelled out of no where. He started to laugh. “Don’t laugh.”

“Sorry continue.” He said with a large smirk of some time.

“It’s often just enough to be with someone. I don’t need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You’re not alone. Marilyn Monroe.” I smiled.

“You know that’s a love saying right?” He asked my face went to white.

“No it isn’t is it?”

“Yep it is.” He said slapping my arm.