Prologue

I'm redoing this stories entire plot and if you read the first few chapters before I unpublished I ran out of ideas to keep the story going. So here's a new fresh story I hope to finish. Sooner or later I'll eventually update each chapter individually

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯

Opening the door to my apartment I was standing in front of four dirty white walls I called home for half my life. The tv was on filling noise in the empty background. Walking into the living room I was welcomed by the strong aroma of weed and my mom pale on the sofa with an elastic band wrapped around her left arm. Needles were on the floor, sighing this wasn't the first time. Wishing she would someday stand by the door to hug me, to tell me how my day was but that never happened.

"Mom are you awake?" Unresponsive I shook her shoulder. Some part of me wanting to shout at her how bad of a mother she was. The other part of me was just letting it all happen. Watching it all go by until something changes about her and wishing my life was better than what I was having. Picking up her phone I sat on the couch next to her calling for help again.
As time passed on my eyes were trained on the tv as someone won a million dollars by the lottery. Big money that I could've used to get out of this place.

"Hello this is the paramedics," two guys opened the screened door to the complex. Eyes still focused on the tv the paramedics were asking questions and checking her vital signs. As they brought up a stretcher one of the men crouched in front of me blocking my view of the tv.

"Is this the first time?" The mans brown eyes filled with no concern or curiosity asked. He was just doing his job. Shaking my head he was probably going to tell me all about rehab and the medications she was prescribed. It was all to much to take the first time but it seemed like a routine by now. "Son your mom passed away from drug overdose on heroin." Watching as he stood up from his spot I could see cheering people on the tv winning big money again. Was this a sign that I was free? Silently watching the two men stroll my moms body out of the complex I laid my head down rubbing my eyes.
"This can't be happening," both relieved and saddened by what was happening. I knew this was going to happen sooner or later.

Later on that week coming home from school a man in some ripped jeans and a shirt with flip flops was sitting down on the bottom of the stairs blocking my way up. The mans beard was scruffy and the bags under his eyes made him look mad than what he looks like. "Do you know where Lily's at? She owes me money." His hands were shaking by his side with his teeth and eyes sporting a sick yellow. I guess word didn't spread around yet. "No I don't. I don't where she's at," walking passed him I heard him hark up mucus from his throat and spat it down by my feet. Disgusting but I ignored his indecency. Unlocking my one room apartment I was forced to pack up everything because we, I mean I, was being evicted by the end of the month. Not knowing where to stay for several nights I kept calling places on my moms phone hoping to reach out to anybody who can help me.

Scrolling through my moms contacts I stopped on Luther Wells at the end of her contacts. That name seemed familiar, an uncle or grandpa from my moms side. This was my only chance of reaching out to anyone and I took it.

"Hello this Luther Wells, who is this?"
"Um hi this is Fin."
"Fin who?"
"I'm Finian Wells, Lily's son."
"Oh it's been thirteen years since I've seen you Fin. How's your mother?"
"It's been that long... My moms dead. She died from OD."
"Oh shit... where are you right now? Pack your things I'm coming to get you."

The phone call ended and my heart as rushing. I knew this was going to get me somewhere better than here in the future. A few hours passed and I was done packing my things when someone came knocking on the door. A man in a office suit smiled up at me. Gray hair, in his forties with a Rolex on his wrist. He looked wealthy, who was this guy?

"Hi Fin I'm Luther your uncle." He walked around me. Nodding I didn't know what to say, he looked almost like my mother with the heart shaped face and features. He opened his arms to me," give me a hug." No choice even if this was unfamiliar to me his arms embraced me whole. It was a long time since I've ever hugged someone close to me but it felt like a missing piece from my life was being filled back in.

☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯☯