"Get up." he orders. "I want my dinner taken up to my room in twenty minutes."

My eyes widen when I comprehend his request, I can't make a meal that he will actually accept in just twenty minutes; my injuries will slow me down and I won't be able to make that deadline. "Alpha-"

"Did I give you permission to speak?" he roughly slams me against the wall.

"No, Alpha-"

"SHUT UP!" he shouts. "I kindly let you back inside the packhouse and you're already trying to disobey me?"

"No, Alpha-"

I'm cut off by a growl. "Forget dinner. Down in the basement, now. The men and I been really stressed without you."

Flashback Over

Even though it's been a long time since I've been given a "punishment" from Alpha Jones, I'm still haunted by the memories. When people say certain things, it immediately reminds me of my old life with the Red Stone pack. I know that Xander doesn't say those things on purpose, he doesn't know any better; he wasn't there all of those times, so there's no way that he knows what triggers flashbacks for me.

"Sweetheart, do you want me to call the nurse back in here?" my mate's voice snaps me out of my thoughts. Xander holds my hand and nervously waits for my answer.

"No." I shake my head. "My head just hurts, that's all."

"I would run you a bath to relax, but we're at the hospital and you can't get up." Xander jokes. "But that just means that I get to carry you."

"You're very... lovey-dovey." I state, noticing how "extra romantic" he's being.

"Is that a bad thing?" he leans in closer and I quickly peck his lips, laughing when he goofily smiles afterwards. "It's funny how the closer I get to you," he leans in again. "The faster the heart monitor beeps."

"Did anything exciting happen when I was unconcious?" I ask, desperately wanting to change the subject. Besides the high-pitched noise that comes from the heart monitor, I hate the fact that it beeps faster when Xander and I get close to each other. It's not fair; my heart beats faster and I wildly blush because of my mate, yet he does none of those things.

"Nothing happened when you were asleep." Xander answers, smiling when he realizes that I'm trying to change the subject. "Brody worked, I worked. And the both of us no longer have any paperwork to do."

"We don't?"

"I stayed in this hospital room and did all of it while you were unconcious." he explains. "My work is done and yours is too. I've been lonely without you, sweetheart."

"You need friends."

"I have friends." I give Xander a pointed look. He's antisocial, I'm not even going to try to defend him and
say that he's not. "I have a friend, but he wouldn't hang out with me."

"Brody only hangs out with you because he has to."

"Stop saying that!" Xander stomps his foot like an immature child. "I don't force Brody to be my friend! He hangs out with me because he enjoys my company."