26. The Traitor

26. The Traitor: Xander's Pov

This chapter is dedicated to @Life_is_Music1 for giving me a new name for the "Inside the Marshmallows". They will now be called, "Escapades with Charlotte".

QOTC- Anyone a Halsey or Melanie Martinez fan?

Goal for this chapter (for an early update): 2k votes

I stop the car once we're at the cellars and keep my mate close to me as we make our way down to the slaughter-house. Brody, Theo, and all of my elite-guards are standing in the room; every elite-guard except for one.

"I tripled border security and have fifty wolves going after Dylan." Brody tells me. He looks over his sister to make sure that she isn't hurt before adding, "There's only one elite-guard who isn't here. Now we know who the traitor is."

'Alpha, there's a problem in the slaughter-house, you need to check this out.' Jimmy's voice rings in my mind, clarifying his title of a traitor. Another factor that proves that he's the traitor is because he only contacted me. All of my pack members know that when there's a problem, they contact both Charlotte and I, not just me.

"Jimmy just mind-linked me. He's the one." I announce to my elite-guards. Not only are they highly trained as guards, but each wolf has worked on the search-team for Charlotte since the very beginning and have been trained as warriors and patrol wolves.

"Who else do we have listed as traitors?" I ask. Everyone knows that all of this chaos cannot be caused by just one traitor, there are multiple wolves at fault here.

"We only have four wolves who we know for sure are traitors, but I'm estimating about twenty total. " Theo says, pointing to a list that they made on the bulletin board. Jimmy is the first name on the list followed by three others that I recognize as cellar guards. "He's our biggest threat since he knows all of the border patrol routes and how everything works."

I notice Charlotte nervously biting her lip and playing with her fingers. 'If you have something to say, say it, sweetheart. You're a part of this too.' I tell her through our private mind-link.

Her voice isn't very loud as she speaks to our loyal elite-guards, but it's firm enough to get her point across. "What will happen to Ashton when Jimmy is thrown into the cells?" she asks everyone with a small frown on her lips. "He's Jimmy's younger brother."

"Ashton is my son." a deep voice claims from across the table.

Tony.

"You're Jimmy's d-dad?" Charlotte asks him, confused on how Tony, Jimmy, and Ashton are associated with each other. That can't be; Tony is significantly older than Jimmy and I, but he isn't old enough to be Jimmy's father. Ashton yes, but not Jimmy.

"No." Tony shakes his head. "Jimmy babysits my son every once in a while when my mate and I are busy with work. Ashton calls him 'Bubba' for some reason."

"Did you ever suspect that he would betray Lunar Shadow?" I ask. Jimmy may not babysit Ashton very often, but Tony still has a relationship with him on a level that isn't related to his job as an elite-guard.

"I never fully-trusted him with my child, but there was no one else to watch him. That's why I kept a monitor on me to alert me if Ashton was harmed." Tony answers. My wolf and I can both sense that he's telling us the complete truth. Tony knows that lying or telling shades of the truth will only make things worse for him.

"How did the baby-monitor look like?" I notice how Charlotte doesn't describe the device that she took from Tony. If the device that was attached to him is just a harmless baby-monitor, then he'll be able to describe the appearance of it.