30. Not a Goodbye

30. Not a Goodbye: Xander's Pov

QOTC- what's your zodiac sign?

*MY BROKEN LUNA has reached #2 in Werewolf, so THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

Chapter Goal (for an early update): 1.5k votes before April 30th(Saturday), 7:00pm CDT   (US Central Daylight Time)

(8:00p.m.) (one hour after where the last chapter left off)

"I love you-"

"Don't make it sound like a goodbye." Charlotte cuts me off. "I don't want this to be a goodbye."

"It's not." I tell her. "We're going to take down Dylan and the rogues. After that, life is going to be how we want it be."

We just sit in silence as I drive us to the slaughter-house office. Just fifteen minutes ago, border patrol altered us about activity happening near the rogue hideout. That's enough to let me know that Dylan and the rogues are on their way.

I mind-linked Brody and all of the elite guards to meet in the slaughter-house office already. Border patrol is standing guard and I have warriors ready to fight as well. All the wolves of Lunar Shadow know that we can't let our Luna get taken again. Charlotte has finally been able to live a normal life with her loved ones and no one is going to change that.

"Are you scared, sweetheart?" I ask as we both get out of the car.

"No." she answers, taking my hand and walking into the cellars with me. She tries her best to advert her eyes from the prisoners, but the sounds coming out of their mouths and the rotten smell of the cellars makes it impossible. I usually have no problem with seeing these wolves like this, it's Charlotte who makes me more cautious in hear cellars. I pull her closer to me as we travel further underground so that none of the prisoners touch her.

"When all of this is over, I'm going to have an elevator built." I grumble once we enter the slaughter-house office. Too many hands were near my mate and some of the men were lustfully staring at my mate in a way that only I should be. An elevator would mean an easy trip to and from the office.

"It'll take them at least another hour to near the border." I state, looking at the maps. It took my fastest wolves two hours to get to the hideout and another two to get back into Lunar Shadow territory. That should be enough time to get everyone in position. "If we block off the western side of the territory, they have no way in."

"Wait, look." Charlotte points to the
activity monitor. About four-hundred miles outside of the western border, there's a huge mass moving north. "They're going to try t-to get in where there isn't much border patrol."

"Contact the wolves guarding the western border and tell them to return to their regions. I need less on the eastern border, the rogues can't make it that far without being stopped." I order.

Within minutes, the activity monitor shows that wolves from the western and eastern border are evenly spreading out to the northern and southern borders. Although it would be better to have the my home and the main pack-house in the center of Lunar Shadow's territory, we're actually located near the western border. And since this is where most of the pack members live, the area is more heavily guarded. "I didn't think that they would have a logical plan." I catch myself saying out loud.