Anyone else will be corrupted

Shown false images of illusions and power

Soul twisted by evil

Good turned to sin

Remember, throughout the years,

Only the one with the truest of hearts

Can save us all from the evil that dwelled for way too long."

"Oh...." Indigo and Rachel nodded simultaneously. "We'll remember that."

"And once you take the orb, smash it immediately," Madeline warned. "Smash it as soon as you get your hands on it. The evil won't be contained for long. If you were to fail to destroy the orb, the evil will come back and twist your soul. You, too, will fall under the spell."

"We got it," Jason said solemnly. "Thank you for the information."

"One more thing: Lord Victor is very dangerous. Very, very, dangerous. You don't have any idea how dangerous he is." A flash of something passed through her face. Was it fear? "He will turn you guys against each other. He will plan traps and snares to kill you before you even get to the orb. Trust me, his stronghold is so booby-trapped, you don't even know how booby-trapped it is. It's rumored to be impenetrable. Many valiant warriors have tried, and none, has never, ever returned. Be careful, and keep your wits about you, my children."

We all nodded, dead serious. This mission was sounding more and more like suicide. But guess what? Apparently we're the only ones who actually have a chance at this. So we got to do this.

"So this brings me to my mission. You all know that the last three each wields a special weapon, right?" Madeline's gaze swept over us.

"Yeah. 'One will wield the spear of light/The other, a cloak of victory./The last one, however, is the key/For they will hold the sword of destiny'," I recited from memory. Madeline looked at me with something like pride. The others looked at me with awe.

"You memorized the prophecy?" Aaron asked. "Wow."

I shrugged. "I was always fascinated by it."

"Good, good. Nice job, Katherine." Madeline said eagerly. "So there's a spear, a cloak, and a sword. You have to obtain them from various, eh, places. No one knows where they are. Hopefully, since they are magical items prophesied to be with three of you, you won't have to go much out of your way to get them."

"I don't see how this relates to your mission..." Indigo said quizzically.

"Well I don't have the magical objects, but I do have something for one of you," Madeline said mysteriously.

"What is it? Who is it for?" I leaned forward, anticipating. I wanted to see what cool thing Madeline brought for us. So did everyone else. We all stepped closer.

Without any warning, Madeline's arm was out and something flew at us. She moved so fast, it was only a blur.

"Duck!" I yelled. My warrior training kicked in and I flattened myself against the wooden floor. Something flew past my ear, ruffling my hair. I heard a few oofs from those who weren't fast enough. What did Madeline throw at us?

"What was that?" Aaron shouted.

"Madeline, why you do that for?!" Indigo was shocked as well.