Chapter 62: Changing Views

Start from the beginning

"Uhmm...you're one of the nurses, right? So I guess I am glad to have you here." All circulation ended at the girl's face and she felt her knees weaken at the dawning realisation.

"S-Summer, please...you know who I am, right?" Summer gave her visitor an unsure smile and concentrated on her appearance in an attempt to make a connection to her memories.

"I'm guessing you're not a nurse...so I'm sorry Miss, I don't really know." She gave the downcast girl a solemn expression of guilty regret, paired with a gentle shake of her head and was taken aback as she watched her guest slide to the floor with hollow features to her discouraged face. "M-Miss! Are you alright?" The girl leaned towards the fallen female to notice a trail of liquid grazing her cheeks as she looked at the ground with shame and surrender. "Miss, do you need help?"

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry...Oh my god, what have I done...? What have I done to you...?" The girl proceeded to weep next to the bedside of the healing female, as her friend stared down at her saddened visitor while her tears seeped out in streams. The girl continued shedding out her sadness until she felt a hand being placed upon her head like a gentle touch of comfort.

"Don't cry Miss. Whatever you're sad about, I'm sure it'll get better. You didn't do anything to me." She obliviously grinned at the female with a supportive, beaming smile, while the girl could only feel her lachrymose state only growing with each kind motion. (Y/n) took the girl's hand in her own and held tightly onto it, seemingly trying to keep even the smallest shadow of her past friend in tact.

"I'll make sure...I'll make sure it gets better. For all of us...I'll make sure I make this all right again. I promise."

The males silently waited outside the room with the expectations of seeing a contempt looking girl emerging from within. The trio exchanged a few glanced of hope until they turned their attention to the person walking out through the door. "Angel, how was the visit-?" As the blond happily spoke to the girl, he didn't realise and remained unprepared of the female's great and fast lunge towards him. The male fell to his knees, clutching his abdomen as he caught out the breath that had been knocked out of his lungs, and he could only stare up at the enraged female with speechless hacks.

"You'll die...you'll die. I'll make sure you die. I'll make sure you regret what you've done." She prepared herself to launch her foot at his bewildered face, had she not been interrupted by the sight of a familiar figure. "Miss Simone!" The girl completely disregarded the males around her, and instead ran towards the fatigued woman, who seemed to have had little sleep since the entire incident.

The girl approached the adult in a cautious manner, taking careful delicateness to be tactile with her wording. The older woman noticed the younger girl's presence and gave her an exhausted smile. "Hello dear, did you come to visit Summer today?"

"Yeah..." The older female sensed the disappointment in the girl's voice and gave her a saddened look.

"I assume you've found out about her memory loss..." (Y/n) bitterly nodded her response, knowing if she were to speak, her words would be a mere choke. The pair dared not break the silence that grew between them like a protective bubble, only content with staring at the ground.

"I'm really sorry ma'am...what's going to happen now?" The girl looked up at the woman with a hopeful gaze, praying for an assertive answer.

"She'll have to move to another hospital out of town to have some medical and psychological analysis...oh (Y/n), I don't know what I'm going to do." The older woman couldn't help the sobs that escaped and could only try and wipe away at the tears accumulating in her eyes.

"Everything will get sorted out Miss." The girl attempted to reassure the woman, though doubted she had any effect on her mood. The two female's exchanged their regards for one another after their time of conversing was spent and the girl gave the older woman a last embrace as she departed from the girl to return to her daughter.