01.

chapter 1 /
"GLANCE AT HAPPINESS"

september 2,2016;

the news flashes brightly on the screen of the t.v in the living room. sunlight seeping through the curtains of the big windows of the house. the emptiness almost tainting my soul every morning of every day.

my parents usually leave early in the morning. leaving nothing but a simple note of how late they were going to be or reminding me of my duties for today. it's always the same. it's always been the same.

i aligned the hem of the skirt to the appropriate length on my legs. because of dress codes and whatnot. the socks i wore were uneven and loosely fitted on my ankles. ugh i should really get new socks, i thought to myself as i struggled to fit the lunch box in my bag.

i stood there in silence examining the room and everything in it. the furniture's that haven't been used in ーgod knows how long. the magazines on the table that have been kept for preservation.

the fireplace that hasn't been warmed for others. everything was left untouched. the deep heave of sigh that left my mouth almost became a scream as i glanced at the clock.

7:58 a.m

i practically raced out the door after closing it. panting and frantically running after the bus that was slowly leaving the stop. the wind blew past me as i struggled to keep up the pace and make my way to the bus.

it's been a while since i ran. the devastating feeling of being defeated by life itself hit me. it hit me. i was so lost in my pool of thoughts that i ran past the bus which happened to wait for me.

the passengers in the bus had a fit of laughter as they watched me scoot my way to the back. as embarrassed as i was i shuffled through the things in my bag, i grabbed my phone and plugged in my headphone to listen to music.

it's been a while since i've listened to music. the type of music that makes me lose focus on my surroundings. the type of music that lets me escape. the type to also wake me up to reality.

the beat of this one song takes me aback. calm as the ocean waves but louder than silent screams.

i closed my eyes in the spur of the moment. to imagine what it would be like to stand in front of an ocean wave as it brings forth the subtle wind but also the soundless screams.

after the song ends, the bus came to a stop. i shoved my phone and headphones in my bag and made my way to the front. the moment i walk out, there were evident chatters going off on every side of the place.

in groups and partners, individually they all tattled away their stories. each had a distinct theme ーwhat they all did with their friends or boyfriend.

i sighed and slowly made my way towards the big gates of the school. wondering why kids were this energetic this early in the morning.

at that moment, everything came to a stop. the reasons i stated a mere few minutes ago ceases to exist.you stood there with your perfect box of a smile and your perfect hair.

they talk about their boyfriends and friends. it all makes sense now. i began to understand why it brought such joy in people to talk about something so stupid.

you brought joy in my life. my heart seems to have skipped a beat just by looking at you. a smile crept its way on my face as i walked past you.

oh kim taehyung, i couldn't help but think to myself. i really like you.

note:
a complete 360 on the original plot. lol i'm really sorry about that i just wasn't satisfied with the short chapters so i decided to extend the chapters and include a better explanation of what the protagonist is going through.