Chapter 25

That morning we all got on a plane and flew back to California for the KCA's that were coming up. The flight felt shorter going back than it did going to Paris. I sat in the seat next to Cody and fell asleep right away.

We switched planes multiple times to get all the way to the west coast. By the time we reached the Simpson's house, we were all tired and wanted to relax the rest of the day.

We sat in Alli's room and talked.

"So, Meredith," Alli smirked. "How's Josh doing?"

"Fine," Meredith said bluntly.

"Please," I begged. "tell us more."

"Okay," Meredith gave in. "Josh and I are really good friends, we like a lot of the same things, and he is coming to visit you guys." She mumbled the last part.

"What was that last part?" Cody sat up in his seat.

"Josh is coming to visit you guys," she said a little louder than before.

We all got excited.

"But," Meredith shouted over us. "I wasn't supposed to tell you guys, so you didn't hear it from me, okay?"

We all nodded.

"You know," Alli said. "he isn't just coming here for us."

"Oh, really?" Meredith tilted her head.

"Really," Alli stated. "He's also coming because he wants to meet you in person."

"Are you sure?" Meredith questioned.

"Meredith," Alli glared at her. "I think I know a few things about boys."

"It's true," I confirmed.

Meredith blushed.

~•~•~•~

The next day we all went shopping for an outfit for Cody and I to wear at the KCA's. Cody went with the guys, and I went with the girls.

"Oo," Alli said as we walked by a store. "let's stop here."

We walked inside and we all immediately looked for dresses. It was a fancier place than other stores I've been to. We got our own little room in the back of the store. I tried on dresses we all picked out. It felt like countless hours of putting dresses on and taking them off, but we finally had all agreed on a dress.

We went back to the Simpson's house. The guys were already home.

"Took you long enough," Cody chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I playfully punched his arm.

The both of us went up to his room.

"So can I see your dress," Cody asked as we sat down on his bed.

"No," I smirked. "you're going to have to wait until tomorrow."

"Please?" He gave me a puppy dog face.

"Nope."

"Fine," he sighed. He turned on his television and we watch something on Netflix. He leaned against the headboard of his bed, and I rested the back of my head on his chest. "You know, with me touring all the time it's going to make this relationship hard," he said.

"I know." I looked him in the eye. "But if I have to wait my entire life for you I will. You're worth it."

"You're incredible," Cody said in awe. "and adorable."

"Thank you, so are you," I blushed.

"There's no place I'd rather be than here with you right now," Cody said.

"I couldn't agree more."

~•~•~•~

Tonight was the night of the KCA's, but I was ready. I couldn't wait to go. Alli and Meredith did my hair and makeup, and I put on my dress. My dress was a hi-low style. It flowed, and was a dark navy color. I had black heels to go with them.

I walked downstairs and saw Cody. He and I were matching. "Did you all plan on us matching?" I asked.

They all nodded.

"Aww, thank you guys," I said.

"You look beautiful, Shannon," Cody said grabbing my hand.

"You look handsome, Cody," I said back to him.

Angie and my mom took pictures of us before we left. Then we got in a black car with tinted windows and headed to the KCA's. When we arrived, someone opened the door for us and light illuminate the car. Cody stepped out first. He turned around and stuck out his hand. I grabbed it and stepped out of the car. We were greeted by screaming fans, and escorted to Daniella Monet, who was doing the interviews.

"Hello, Cody," she smiled. "and who'd you bring with you."

"Hi, I brought my girlfriend, Shannon," he smiled.

"Hi, Shannon," she said. I gave a slight wave and smiled back to her. "So what's new, Cody?"

"Well, I just got back from my tour in Paris a couple of days ago and I'm going to release new songs soon," Cody responded.

"Awesome, so this is a very serious show," she said sarcastically. "so I'm going to ask you a very serious question."

"Okay, go for it." "If you could be any animal, what would you be?" she asked looking off index cards.

"Uh, probably a dolphin," Cody shrugged. "or a shark just to scare some people."

I giggled.

"Well, it was great seeing you. Enjoy the show!" she said ending the interview.

We were escorted to a place along the wall to get our pictures taken. Cody and I did multiple poses. We then were escorted inside the arena and went to our assigned seats.

"That wasn't bad at all," I said as we sat down.

"I knew this wasn't going to be the hard part," he said.

We watched the show and saw a lot of celebrities. I was starstruck most of the time. When the show ended we went back to Cody's house. Josh was there.

"Josh," Cody grinned and hugged him. "What are you doing here? How are you, mate?"

"Good," he said in his thick Australian accent. "Just came for a visit."

He looked at me. "Hello, Shannon." "Hi, Josh," I slightly waved. "So how's it going with you and Meredith?"

"Figures you would ask that," he laughed. "It's going pretty well."

"I guess you could say we're kind of...dating now?" Meredith said walking toward him.

"Really? Meredith that's great," I smiled.

So that was that. I got Cody, and Meredith got Josh. Yes, there was some complications here and there, but if there's a thing or two I've learned it's that distance doesn't matter and things will always work out for the better. I like to think of this as not an end, but the start of a wonderful new life.

~•~•~•~•~•~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Okay, guys. this is an official end to this fanfic. You have all been wonderful and I really appreciate all your votes and comments. I also would like to thank you for all the reads on this book. I never thought it was possible. I never thought that so many people would like my writing, so thank you. Also one last 'thank you' for putting up with my slow and lazy updates. I love you guys :) xx