Chapter 5

The car ride back wasn't as quiet as it was when we drove to Kansas City. At first, we talked about meeting Cody. I couldn't tell my mom or Meredith anything that happened this morning. It felt terrible. Everyone eventually stopped talking and just listened to music. I put my headphones in and listened to One Direction. (Yes, I'm a One Direction fan. Don't hurt me aha.) I fell asleep.

I woke up when my phone vibrated. I got a text. It was a phone number that wasn't named in my phone. I read the message: "Hey, babe! What's up? Love, Cody <3".

Oh my god, he is so sweet. I put him in my phone as a couple of green heart emojis, then Meredith, because if anyone took my phone they wouldn't take his number. I don't know, just taking some precautions.

I texted Cody back: "Heyy! Just driving back to my home in Iowa."

Iowa. Cody would never come to Iowa. We only get good musicians around ever other year. No one wants to come to Iowa. Don't get me wrong though, Iowa's a really great place for school. I like it here, we just have an extreme lack of celebrities.

My phone vibrated. Cody responded: "Iowa? Is that where the movie 'Field of Dreams' was filmed? Aha corn:)"

Oh, Cody. That's pretty much the only way people know about Iowa.

I texted him: "Lol! Yes! Hope you like corn;) When's your next concert?"

I closed my eyes and listen to the words in the song that I was listening to:

"Now she's feeling so low

since she went solo

hole in the middle of my heart like a polo

And it's not joke to me

So can we do it all over again".

-Over Again By One Direction

My phone buzzed. "Yeah, babe, I like corn haha Concert's not until 7:00pm, but I gotta go do sound check and stuff, so more like 5 or 6. When will you be home?:)"

I texted him back: "I'll be home in about 20 minutes, so 3:00pm. 4:00pm ur time!:)"

He texted back: "Good:) text me when you get home I'll call you xx. I gtg. talk to you soon."

He was gonna call me?! I was trying so hard not to have my mom or Meredith see me fangirl.

I texted him back: "Okay, Cody talk to you later."

This isn't real life. This can't be. I kept thinking this to myself all throughout my day.

__________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Guys! I put the name Meredith with some green hearts in my phone contacts, because my friend is actually reading this fanfic and she is technically the real life Meredith in here. She was like 'now I'm going to have to check your phone contacts to see if someone named Meredith with green hearts is in it.' So she looked and I had the name in there and she started crying and freaking out! Then when she clicked on it there was no number, so then she said she hated me. Lol! Just thought I'd share that with you!