Phil paused, his heart clenching at the sight of Steve frown and fight back tears. "You'll like normal. I promise, Steve. Miss Hill and I will still be here. We promise."

Except that maybe you'd forget about this, forget about us...

"You're brave, strong boy, Steve," smiled Phil, tilting Steve's chin up to meet his eyes. "You can go  through this."

Steve's eyes glistened. "Wou think so?"

"I know so," Phil grinned, standing up. "Now, let's go with the others. They're probably waiting in the van now."

Steve placed his tiny hands on Phil's palm, the two walking together like father and son. Phil would miss this.

+

"Dr. Pym, Mr. Reed," Maria shook the hands of the scientists. He hasn't seen Dr. Pym in a very long time, seeing he's disconnected himself from SHIELD. Luckily, they were able to convince him for this one project.

They were in the Hellicarrier, at the small lab that Pym and Reed were assigned to work on.

"Are these the Avengers?" Pym looked over to her back, seeing the toddlers play with each other. Tony, as always, was shamelessly flirting with Pepper.

"They are, doc," said Maria.

"Hewwo!" Bruce stood in front of Pym, making the scientist stop. Pym looked down. "My name's Bwuce."

Pym looked up to Reed quizzically, disbelievingly, before ruffling Bruce's hair. "I know who you are, Mr. Banner."

Bruce excitedly ran to Tony, whispering, "Wou heawd that? He called me mistew!"

"I must say," Reed said, a small smile on his aged face. "The Hulk doesn't look as intimidating as a child."

"He isn't the Hulk," defended Maria without second thought. "Bruce is a different person."

Reed rose his brow, but didn't question any further. "My apologies."

Nick Fury entered the room, everyone shutting up, even Thor who was animatedly telling Loki a story about how he killed a beast with his bare hands.

"Are we ready?" Fury looked pointedly at the scientists, who nodded and went to the workstations full of buttons and levers.

"We managed to find a reversible spell from Loki's scepter," Pym explained. "If the Avengers may step inside the room, we can begin the process." He gestured to the door that led to a white room, a big glass making it visible from outside.

Phil and Maria managed to soothe down the nerves of the children, some of them beginning to cry. It was surprising that Thor was the first one to do so.

Maria embraced the children, savoring the last moments she had with them. She must admit, her eyes started to go glassy, but she wouldn't let the tears fall down. She surely will miss them. They may have been little devils, but they were her little devils.

She led everyone inside the room, smiling at them soothingly as they looked back at their shoulders to look at her and Phil. She closed the door, quickly watching the glass as they stood with their hands linked on the center.

"Is this gonna hurt?" Maria asked.

"We made sure it wouldn't," Reed answered. "Don't worry."

"How long is this gonna take?" It was Phil.

"Less than a minute, I assure you."

The two scientists began pulling levers and pressing buttons, moving things on their screens. The rooms started to glow lightning blue, the  children shocked and amazed at the same time. Maria was only grateful that none of them were  crying anymore.