Chapter 42

New chappyyyyy :D I can't think of anything to write here, so just ENJOY.

--------------------------

"And then I just threw up all over her!" Alyssa said, stretching her legs out on the bed and grinning at Kayla, who was sat on the floor in the middle of Alyssa’s snow-white sheepskin rug. "I mean, it was totally gross but so funny at the same time."

It was the day after the cupcake incident, and after both of them had recovered from their bout of food poisoning and had ceased throwing up, they were spending the evening at Alyssa’s house for what she liked to call a ‘girls’ night in’ – although this consisted purely of lounging around Alyssa’s bedroom, gossiping and bitching about everyone they knew.

And naturally, the main topic of the evening was Courtney.

"That is like, genius," Kayla laughed, as the thought of her vomit-covered ex-friend entered her head.

"I know, right? I can’t believe I didn’t think of it before," Alyssa grinned. "You should’ve seen her face. I’m telling you – priceless. God, I wish there could’ve been a photographer there."

"That would be so funny," Kayla agreed. "So what did she do after you puked on her?"

"Uh... she was just being a drama queen, as per usual. Screaming and shit. But whatever, it was totally worth it. Even if she didn’t get in trouble for what she did, I don’t care."

"Oh my God, I can’t believe we were ever friends with her." Kayla rolled her eyes. "She’s such an attention whore."

"Tell me about it. And she’s still fixed on the idea of being with Carter, like, forever. Ha! I warned her that he’d be having sex with some blonde bimbo before she knew it, but she still wouldn’t believe me. Well, she’ll find out soon."

She rolled her eyes, curling her legs towards her and leaning over to remove her laptop from underneath her bed. She opened the lid, letting her fingers glide across the white keyboard as she typed in her password. "Now, let’s see what boring shit people have been up to," she said, as the Facebook homepage flashed onto the screen.

With a flick of her fingers on the touchpad, she was scrolling through dozens of uninteresting status updates, posed photos and meaningless messages thrown back and forth by various people she knew. "Does anyone actually post anything interesting on here?" she complained, as Kayla stood up from the floor and came to sit down next to her on the bed.

"Who is that?" Kayla asked, her finger hovering by a photo of a girl in the mirror.

It appeared on the screen quickly, displaying a rather large girl pouting in her bathroom mirror. "Oh my god," Alyssa said, after a few seconds of staring at the picture in disgust. "That is horrific." She screwed her face up until her nose wrinkled. "Oh my god, you can see the rolls of fat on her arms! Ew!"

"Eww," Kayla repeated, grimacing. "Isn’t that...?"

"Lauryn Myers," Alyssa finished. "Since when did she get fat? I mean, she’s never been skinny but... shit, I’ve never seen her like that before!" Her lips spread into a smile and she couldn’t stop a laugh escaping her lips. "Oh my god, someone get that girl a gym membership."

"Speaking of the gym, Alyssa, do you think I’m fat?" Kayla pouted, looking down at her stomach.

"No way, babe! Seriously, I’d tell you if you were. I'm not hanging out with a fat chick, and you know that." She grinned. "If you’re starting to look like Courtney, I’ll let you know." She broke into cackling laughter as she watched Kayla’s face brighten at the mention of an insult towards their former friend. "Anyway, I’m going to get a drink, you want one?"