Chapter 33

I hit 30,000 reads! Thank you so much to everyone who is following this story - it means a lot :D I LOVE YOU ALL. And without further ado, a new chapter :D

--------------------------------

Alyssa took a deep breath and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She pouted and then flashed a smile at herself before bringing her lip gloss wand to her mouth and adding another coat of shiny pink glossiness.

You can never have too much on, she thought to herself, even though this was probably untrue.

It was about quarter past seven in the morning, before school, and first bell wasn’t due to ring for at least another fifteen minutes. Alyssa and Kayla were standing in front of the mirrors in the ground floor girls’ bathroom – their favourite location for applying make-up, which they had practically claimed ownership of. Most of the other girls avoided it, for fear of being confronted and ridiculed inside.

"Are you sure you should do this?" Kayla asked, biting her lip. "I don’t know if it seems like such a good idea..."

"Kayla," Alyssa said calmly, shooting a serious look at her friend. "It’s a perfect idea. I can’t believe we never thought of this before. This is practically going to guarantee us beating Courtney’s ass."

"But he’s, like, a teacher..." Kayla glanced at Alyssa, who was still posing in the mirror.

"And? It’s not like I’m doing anything wrong." Alyssa raised her eyebrows. "And you know Mr Hammond can’t resist me. Once we get him on our campaign, we’ll have this whole election in the bag."

"What bag?" Kayla frowned, a look of confusion upon her face. "Is it Gucci?"

Alyssa rolled her eyes, not even bothering to respond. She pouted once more in the mirror, blew her reflection a kiss and turned to her friend. "Right. Let’s go."

She threw her bag over her shoulder and strutted out of the bathroom, her blonde curls bouncing on her shoulders with each step. Mr Hammond’s classroom – which also happened to be their homeroom class – was just across the hall, and, because of the early time of morning, was empty.

With a small grin at Kayla from across the hallway and a knock on the door, she found herself opening the door of the classroom and striding confidently inside.

"Oh, hello, Alyssa," he said, smiling warmly as he looked up from the pile of paperwork on his desk. He glanced at his watch – Gucci, Alyssa noticed. The man had good taste, as well as a hefty pay check. "You’re early, aren’t you?"

She smiled slightly. "Am I?" she looked up at the clock on the wall of the classroom, as if she had no idea of the time. "Oh! I guess you’re right."

"Eager to get to school, right?" Mr Hammond said, smiling. He drew a large red cross on the piece of paper he was marking and moved it to another pile.

"Mm," Alyssa answered vaguely, slowly walking over to his desk. She placed her hands on the edge of the solid wood and slid onto it, her butt practically touching his pile of paperwork. When it came to seducing men, she was a professional. "More eager to see you."

She smiled seductively as he looked at her, an amused grin spreading across his face. She couldn’t help but notice his eyes lower, lingering for a second on the pink lace from her underwear that was poking out from the hem of her skirt before looking at her face again.

Wow, she thought to herself smugly. This is going to be a lot easier than I thought.

"You know..." said Alyssa. "I haven’t stopped thinking about the other day." Her eyes locked onto his, feeling the powerful gaze of his sparkling green eyes.