Chapter 47

Hello :D Totally forgot I was meant to upload yesterday, but it's only a day late! Hope you liked the last chapter... it was kind of random, but there needed to be some happy stuff in the story :p Happy reading!

--------------------------------

It was around nine in the evening, and darkness had once again descended on Alyssa’s house. She was in her room, lying on her bed and staring up at the ceiling, wondering what on earth she should do.

She was still toying with the idea of snitching on Tiffani to her father – the possibility of finally seeing her father divorcing her was far too tempting. But this plan could easily backfire on her, and Tiffani had such a manipulative way over her father that she could even turn him against his own daughter.

What to do?

She still felt completely furious with Tiffani – even though days had passed, her anger hadn’t even begin to reduce. How could it, when she knew that the witch was still in the house, sucking up to her father in her sickeningly sweet way, talking pretentiously about the baby.

The baby which wasn’t even his. It belonged to someone else, someone named Damien.

Her blonde hair was spread out beside her face messily, the curls ready to drop out. She twisted her finger round a strand, trying to determine what to do. She could either continue lying here, let Tiffani get away with the whole thing, and try to keep on her Dad’s good side, or she could have the balls to go and tell her father the truth – even if it meant the possibility of whole thing backfiring on her.

She made her decision.

Her father’s office was on the second floor, and it was not a room she visited often. Usually, it held a large sign on the door reading ‘Do not disturb’ – and even then, that was only on the rare occasions when he was home. Today, however, the sign was not in sight.

"Daddy?" she called, in the sweetest tone she could manage in her current state of anger, as she knocked on the wooden door and waited for a response.

"Yeah? Come in."

Turning the handle and pushing open the door, she stepped inside the room, looking around. She could barely remember the last time when she had set foot inside here, but she knew that it had changed a lot. The room was spacious, with one of the best views in the entire house – its windows overlooking the fountain and the long stretches of grass that lead right up the gates. The walls were lined with bookshelves, each harbouring a different collection of dusty paperbacks that looked like they hadn’t been touched in years.

On one side of the room, there was an open log fire, which was faced by two deep red sofas and a comfy-looking arm chair. Her father was sat at his desk, typing on his laptop, and turned his chair round to face his daughter when she walked in.

"Alyssa," he greeted her, his brows furrowed slightly with the surprise of seeing her arrive.

"Hey, Daddy," she smiled, closing the door behind her and approaching her father’s desk tentatively. Her slippers padded on the plush white carpet that covered the floor. "How are you?"

"Fine, thank you," was his response. "Just finishing up some work here. Miles has been keeping on at me to submit this report, so I thought I’d better get it done. How is school, anyway? I feel like I haven’t spoken to you in so long, sweetheart."

That’s because you haven’t been home, Alyssa thought to herself, but she didn’t dare voice this. "It’s okay," she said sweetly. "I’m running for class president."

"Oh, really?" He smiled at her proudly. "I always knew you were the leadership type. Don’t worry, darling, you’ll win it easily. Especially when John Delmar and I are such good friends. Who is running against you? They must be pretty brave."