His property

- 6 days later -

It's almost been a week. I've been living with the same routine every single day. Take a shower, go back to my cage, get my wound disinfected, get bandaged up, then receive my meal. He would also come when I called if I needed to use the bathroom. I'm starting to get tired of this. He can't just keep me in here for as long as he wants. I'm not a pet.

I hear the door knob move, causing me to look up from the floor. Hearing footsteps come down the stair I glance at a cold mobster with no expression on his face.

(Why is he here? I already ate, he's not supposed to come down here until I call or tomorrow.)

I thought to myself while watching him. He walks over to my cage and pulls out a key, Soryu unlocks the door. Opening it he extends his right hand towards me while looking away so he won't make eye contact with me for some reason. I get up slowly a bit confused about all of this. It was easier for me to get up now that my wound has healed pretty well but it's still a little hard for me to stand on my hurt leg for too long. Also many of my bruises have cleared up but a few still remain.

I cautiously walk towards him and stop when I'm right next to him. We've barely even said a word to each other all these days and he hasn't hurt me anymore which is a good sign but I'm
not letting my guard down. He looks at me with the corner of his eyes and unexpectedly speaks up as he lowers his hand.

Soryu: " I was giving you a hand, wasn't it clear?"

Serena: " And I didn't want to take your hand, wasn't it clear?"

I reply to his harsh tone as I mock the last part, saying it like he did before. He glares at me and grabs my wrist pulling me out of the cage, walking upstairs he takes me with him. I look at his back with a confused expression on my face.

(What's he doing? Where is he taking me?)

I questioned in my thoughts while being pulled. Soryu opens the door and takes me to what I'm guessing is the living room, there he pulls my wrist, pushing me on the couch. I glare at him and make myself comfortable on it while watching his every move.

Soryu: "Listen like it or not you're stuck with me so you better not make this situation more complicated then it already is."

Serena: " You kidnapped me against my will, you shot me which wasn't by my will either and you lock me in a cage like an animal against my will again. So I'm making this complicated?"

I say with a hint of sarcasm, leaving him dead silent. Letting him think of what to respond for a few seconds I check out the place with my eyes.

(Geesh this place could use some cleaning..)

I thought to myself while looking at the decorations of the place. Most of the things looked new but seemed dusty as if it was abandoned for some time. Soryu then speaks up while crossing his arms on his chest.

Soryu: "You still belong to me, remember? So you will do as I say."

He says firmly to me. As he says those words memories of the past filled my head. He was right. He bought me. I am his property. I fell into silence, hearing what he said.

Serena: "..."

Soryu: " Do you understand?"

He says in a cold tone while I stare at the floor. There wasn't anything I could do. A part of me wants to beat him to the pulp but a part of me felt... restricted..? As if I was being hold back. Was it because he owns me..? Or something else..? Sighing I manage to nod my head.