Colors ↹ VII

Seven:
Secrets

Caleb:
Where are you!?

Augustus:
Magenta! Are you still alive!?

Magenta has spend the night with Lydia. She was afraid to spend the night at her house, especially since she found out who was on the last list. But Magenta was grateful that Lydia let her spend the night, lend her clothes and gave her a ride to school. The only trouble Magenta was having was standing in line with Augustus, Malia, Stiles, Scott and Kira. The trouble of keeping a great secret to keep the ones she loved safe.

"Where's Lydia?" Kira or Malia asked, causing Magenta to pay attention. While Augustus stared at his phone sending repeatedly text to Magenta's phone which was off.

"She's took it her freshman year." Stiles answered.

"Does that mean I could've taken it some other time?" Malia asked harshly.

"Malia, you studied harder for this than any of us." Scott told the werecoyote.

"Doesn't mean I'm gonna do good." Malia told the pack.

"If it comes to it, I'll help you cheat." Augustus offered, finally looking up from his phone. "You know super hearing."

"Well." was all Stiles was able to tell his girlfriend.

"Well what?" Malia asked.

"It's do well, not good." Stiles corrected.

"Oh, God!" Malia yelled.

"You're doing this, because while we're trying not to die, we still need to live. If I survive high school, I'd like to go to college. A good college." Scott told Malia. While Magenta patiently waited for the three hour test to start.

"It's only three hours. We can survive three hours." Kira told the group.

"Be careful with words." was all Magenta said.

"Cheer up, Maggy." Augustus bitterly told his cousin. He was mad and worried about his cousin who refused to talk to him. Even Stiles and Lydia wouldn't tell him what was wrong with Magenta. The line started to move before Magenta printed her finger print, grabbed a pencil, test and turned in her IPhone. She took her seat and listened to the instructions.

"Please do not open the test booklet until you are instructed to do so." The instructor told the class. Magenta turned her head to see Stiles had already opened it. "This test is two hours and 10 minutes. There will be two 25-minute critic reading sections, two 25-minute math section and an essay writing portion that will last 30 minutes. There are supposed to be two teachers monitoring this exam."

"I know. It's Coach. He's not exactly punctual." Lydia's mom told the instructor. "Um, let me just try him again."

Magenta nervously tapped her pencil against the table before setting it down. Lydia's mom came back into the room telling the instructor that Coach wasn't available.

"We have to start. We can ask for his assistant during the first break. You may now open your test booklets and begin." The instructor told the class. Magenta immediately opened her PSAT booklet and started to read the question. Magenta quickly read the question before putting B as her answer. Magenta them got the hang of it and continued bubbling answers. Magenta's head snapped to look at the girl who just fainted. With her anxiety with the test, Magenta didn't notice the sick souls.

"Sydney!" Lydia's mom called out the student. "Are you all right?"

"I'm okay. I just got kind of dizzy." Sydney answered.