Chapter 2

John made sure to make an ignorant exit in Scott's driveway. The last thing I need is for the two of them to brawl over something so stupid.

Scott and I have been together for a while now. He's kind of a lazy person if I had to be honest about him. That's one thing my mom and John both hates about him. They think he won't go anywhere in his life and he just uses me to make himself look better.

Regardless, he will do for now. He's mostly sweet to me unless he's on something. I get beyond upset with him when he's high on Lord knows what. Anytime I call him out on it, he gets offended and blames it on his mother passing away.

I get it, a parent passing away is the worst thing in the world. Considering I would know, my father died in a car accident.

But you don't see me snorting every pill possible?

I see it this was: You choose how to handle your life afterwards. My dad would want to kick my ass if I drowned my sorrows that way. Sure I haven't made plans to go off to college, but I just need some more time to heal and find out who I am.

I can't decide what I want to do with my life yet. I'm okay with hanging around for a few more years. I just need to stay as happy as possible. As long as Bill and my mom keep their love life low, I'm fine with it. 

"Why did that asshole drive you here?" He muttered, checking his phone so he didn't seem more confrontational. 

"Be nice, he's fixing my car battery because it died this morning." I scolded.

"He'll probably break your car."

"Let's hope not." I sighed.

I sat on his couch while he stared off into the wall. Twiddling my thumbs was only fun for so long.

"So.. What do you want to do." I asked."

"Audeen I don't fuckin' know. You don't have the car today so we can't do anything."

"I didn't say we had to go anywhere" I snapped.

Here we go again, the patience of my boyfriend. If he doesn't get his way, it's the end of the world. He's going to whine and bitch all day because John is working on my car.

"Well there's nothing to do." He said.

"You're just being an asshole because you're on something."

He stood up and got near me. Now he's going to try and pull the tough guy act on me because I called him out.

"You're such a bitch." He yelled. "All you do is run your mouth, maybe if I shove my dick in your mouth you'll shut the fuck up." 

I stood up and looked at him. Who even says that? What in the world would entice a woman to want to do that after a guy has acted like Scott.

"Pass." I said, grabbing my purse and walking towards the door.

He grabbed my hair and tried to hold me back. I turned around and shoved him, giving myself enough time to sprint out of the door.

I walked down the sidewalk and tried to fix my hair. Most girls would cry and run to someone if a guy handled them like that, but I'm used to it. Scott is so bipolar and I've just learned to deal with it. 

John has seen Scott swat and me and it made him go haywire. I don't understand why John yells at him though, because I've heard John and some of his ex girlfriends wrestling in his room.

It usually end up they do something stupid and John loses his temper. He pulls them into a room and you hear scuffling and muffled yells. He tends to beat the shit out of them if they 'really ask for it'.