Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Why do you love to make me cry Benjamin?" —Angel

Kianna removed her hands from over my eyes and I was shocked at a house full of people all staring back at me, with smiles on their faces. My hands flew up to my mouth, as I looked around. Everything was so beautifully decorated. There were a lot of tables covered with food and drinks, balloons, decorations, music and people everywhere.

The color scheme I was seeing the most was blue. I wasn't sure if that was because it was Kianna's favorite color, or because the baby was a boy. I nearly came to tears when I saw the huge blue banner hanging across the living room that read: Congratulations it's a boy!

I couldn't believe it, the girls had thrown me a surprise baby shower. I looked down at myself now realizing why they had me out the whole day getting so fancy. I felt better now that I had on the yellow Herve Leger dress with the matching flats. My hair was curled up and full of volume resting on my back and I had on light makeup.

"I don't know...I'm so...so..." I didn't even know what to say. I was speechless. I had no clue who most of these people were, but I was still grateful that they were willing to come out and celebrate something with me, though there was a chance I'd never see any of them ever again. Humanity could be really sweet sometimes. I couldn't help it when I burst into tears. "Thank you everybody."

"Aww!" Everyone cooed in unison.

Kianna started rubbing my back and Nicole came over to console me as well, as the girls guided me through the house. Every room had people in it and even more food. I wondered how much all of this costed them and who paid for it. There was even a guest room with a galore of presents.

The girls were just introducing me to different people as we went around making small talk. Eventually they broke away from me to go do their own thing. People kept complementing me on how good I looked. Asking me if I was a first time mom and if I was scared or excited. I even had other moms giving me advice already.

I was feeling a little hungry so I excused myself from this conversation I was having with this woman, who was giving me advice on how to punish a child without hitting them. Apparently she was a mother of two. I already loved my unborn child but I knew I was implementing whoopings. I didn't care what anybody had to say about it, I was not raising some spoiled brat who would walk all over me because I couldn't be a real mom and discipline them when it was needed. I was not religious but spare the rod, spoil the child was very true.

I bump into Kareem in the kitchen doorway, who's looking nervous and fidgety as hell. He had nowhere to go which is why he was still here. Police had long ago questioned him in some shooting he was involved in. He cleared his name and was let go, but Capri and Kianna was housing him I guess until they were able to find somewhere else for him to go. I felt bad that I would be going back to my own house soon. I think in a week or two, I would miss it here and Kareem as well. If Money found out I'd gotten attached to this kid he would lose his shit.

"Angel can I talk to you?" He looked so nervous, fidgeting with his fingers and looking all around. I'd never seen him like that, he usually always had his little chest out.

"Yeah, sure. What's wrong?"

"Angel, I need to talk to you."

I look over and see Tammy standing there. Of course she was more dressed up than me, making it look like this was her event. Her arms were folded but not in an arrogant way. The last time we left off it was on a bad note. It was the whole back and forth at the clinic. I assumed she wanted to apologize.