Chapter 18: You Started It

Song: Run by Bring Me The Horizon

------

After three straight days of shows in California, we finally get a break when we make it to Vegas. The band needs it more than I do though. They never complain about needing a break, but there's no denying they need it. We drive to the next city and check into a new hotel. I get a room to myself as always, Benji and Tyler share, and then Mason and Evan share. I'm pretty sure Lucy shares the same bed as Benji or else that would be kind of dumb.

It's actually Tyler and Benji that cuddle at night.

When I get up to my room, I unpack my camera and my laptop. I sit it on the desk and head for a quick shower. It's nice to take a warm shower and dress in comfortable clothes for a lazy, yet busy night. I'm going to be going through pictures and edit while eating my weight in vending machine food.

I dress in a comfortable pair of sweatpants, a tank top, and I put my hair in twin braids before putting on shoes. As I'm walking to the vending machines, I count the money in my hand. A few dollar bills and quarters. Every bit of it's getting spent.

The vending machines are closer to my room than I thought and it doesn't take me long to spend the money in my hand. Chips and Hostess cakes fill my arms. As I turn around, Tyler walks into the little nook with a smile. "I thought you'd be asleep by now," he says.

I shake my head. "I haven't looked at the pictures yet. I'm tired, but not enough to take a nap. I slept in the van a little."

"I know." He grins. "I still have the drool on my shirt."

I roll my eyes and walk by him. It doesn't take him long to fall into step beside me. "Do you need company?" He asks. "I'm not really tired either."

"Um, sure," I reply. "I could use a little help too."

We reach my room and I notice my arms are too full and I can't reach my key in the pocket of my sweatpants. Tyler looks at me and he's confused. "What?"

"My key," I say. "Can you get it? It's in the left pocket."

I don't miss his grin as he reaches inside my pocket, lingering of course, before he pulls out that plastic card. He slides it into the slot and the door clicks open. I manage to open it with my behind and Tyler follows me inside. While I drop all the food on the desk, Tyler grabs the extra chair from the table and pulls it up beside me.

"Eat whatever you want," I tell him and put the first memory card in the adapter.

He plucks a bag of chips from the pile and murmurs a thank you. "I have a better idea," he says and opens the bag.

I turn to him. "What's that?"

"Show me some of your favorite pictures instead." He smiles.

"I have a lot to do though—"

"Come on, we're not gonna fire you. I want to see inside your mind instead."

"Uh, it's actually scary in there," I joke and tap my temple.

Tyler snorts. "It can't be that scary compared to mine."

I lift a finger. "You have a really good point."

He sits the chips down on the desk and then leans over the surface. "Show me."

"Really?" I ask, still unsure if he's being serious or not.

"Yeah, you did say you'd show me sometime."