Chapter 5: Harry Potter Nerd

Song: Interlude: I'm Not Angry Anymore by Paramore (The irony of the song is supposed to be funny lol)

------

"Come in," I tell him. "And don't touch anything."

Tyler walks in and I tell him to follow me to my room. We pass Bea in the living room on our way and Tyler has to stop and give her a hug. It seems Bea's more acquainted with them and I'm actually happy about that. And I also know now that Tyler likes hugs. A lot of hugs. I guess the show last night proved that.

We step into my room and I sit at my desk in front of my large monitor. I gesture towards the chair beside me and Tyler's lean frame takes a seat. "Did you get a lot?"

I look at him and nod. "Of course. I filled both memory cards."

"So that means we're going to be here for awhile," he says slowly. "Fine with me."

I take the first memory card from my camera and slip it into the adapter. A folder pops up and there's rows and rows of pictures. "I didn't get too many pictures of the whole band because it was kind of difficult with people so close to the stage, but I did get a few good ones. Evan was the hardest to get, but I managed also." I click on the first picture so it enlarges in Preview.

I don't realize it's of Tyler first off. "My hair looks brighter," he says. It surprises me that he doesn't make a comment on how the first picture is him. "And I look taller."

"Do you not realize how tall you actually are?" I question. "You don't need a camera to help you look tall, Tyler."

He keeps his eyes on the screen and reaches for the mouse. I ignore the touch of our hands and pull mine away. He clicks on the next picture and it's of him and Benji singing into the same microphone. They're both smiling, but you can barely see Benji's eyes because of his hair. "How long have you known Benji?" I ask. "You guys seem really close."

"We are really close," he replies. "We were friends before we could even walk and for some reason, he hasn't got too annoyed with me to actually kick me out."

I laugh a little. "Sounds like a great friend."

"He is," Tyler says. "Don't know what I'd do without the kid."

"Kid?"

Tyler's blue eyes slide to mine. "By four months." He clicks on the next picture and it's another one of him and Benji together. He looks back to the screen and continues to scroll through. "How am I supposed to choose? They're all really good."

I feel my cheeks turn a shade pinker. "Thank you."

Tyler glances at me and smiles. "You're welcome." He goes through a few more pictures starring Evan and then Mason, clicking hearts on the ones to favorite. "The band will love these. Those pictures you sent me yesterday are amazing, but I think you underestimate yourself."

"There's a compliment in there, right?"

He laughs lightly. "Totally. I mean...your pictures are stunning. I didn't expect this."

"What'd you expect? Pictures with an iPhone?" I tease.

"What else would I expect? Nothing but the best obviously," he jokes back. "No, but really. It's getting really hard to choose between them."

I look to the computer screen and watch Tyler go through the pictures again. "Pick as many as you want and I'll edit them—"

"You edit too?"