Chapter 4: I Know What I Signed Up For

Song: I Wanna by The All-American Rejects (I actually have a playlist for this story if you go on my spotify which is jenleighna. It's just 3 blue heart emoji's and this playlist is actually mentioned later in the story)

-----------------

Finally, a day off.

Never in my life did I think this would happen again. Okay, maybe I'm being over dramatic, but it just feels good to finally get the break I need. Since Bea decided to spend her day off with her mom again, I decide to spend mine getting sun by the pool. I tie on a simple black bikini, slip on a pair of shorts and a top that falls down right above my belly button, and grab a bag. I fill it with the things I need, grab my phone, and leave the apartment.

The pool is empty and the surrounding area is quiet. For once, there's no sound except for a couple of birds chirping.

I lounge in one of the chairs and plug my headphones into my phone. Once the playlist starts playing, I lie back and close my eyes. It's cloudless today and hot. Florida summers can never go wrong with the heat and humidity. One minute it's hot and another it's about to storm. But not today. The skies are clear and there shouldn't be a drop of rain all week.

Summer has officially started.

Then something blocks the sun.

Or someone.

I open my eyes to see what's blocking my light, and I was right. It's a person. A boy with sapphire hair and has a habit of inconvenient meetings. I rip my headphones from my ears and glare up at him. "You're blocking the sun."

"I'm all the sunshine you need." He grins.

I roll my eyes and then close them again. "What do you want?"

"I hear you're a photographer," he says.

My eyes fly open. "And how did you hear that?"

"A little birdy told me," he replies. "Or I heard you and your friend talking on your balcony..."

"That's really creepy, you know that?"

Tyler moves and sits on the lounger next to mine. I raise up and swing my legs over the edge and I watch a smile creep up on his face. "Yes, I do realize that sounds way creepier than I intended it to, but it was just...timing?"

I lift a brow. "Where are you going with this?"

"This wouldn't be just a favor for me." He points to himself. "It's for the band. We need a new photographer because our old one moved last month. We haven't been able to find one and I was wondering if you'd be interested?"

It's a surprise, really. Never did I think that would be what came out of Tyler's mouth. "Okay, so I threatened to slap you the night before last, proceeded to steal your stereo cord and not give it back, last night I deleted all of your playlists and now you're offering me a job? Who are you?"

Tyler actually laughs. "We have a few shows here this summer and a few more out of state. But we'd also need small promo shoots for album covers, posters, and other band things that I don't know about." He waves it off with the flick of his wrist. "What do you think?"

I nervously shrug a shoulder. "I've never done anything professional before. Well, I've done a couple of weddings and some old high school events, but nothing like that."

"Do you have a website?"

I shake my head. "No, but I can email you a few pictures?"