Chapter 7: Is That Your Girlfriend?

Song: Rock Bottom by Neck Deep

When Tyler told me I wouldn't be getting eight hours of sleep, I expected him to blast loud music at four in the morning like it's in his routine.

Not dragging me to his apartment to have a Harry Potter marathon.

When we get inside, Tyler disappears inside his bedroom for a moment. "I swear, if you walk out in Harry Potter pajamas, I'm reconsidering this whole friendship thing."

Everyone else piles on the couch, only leaving a small space in the corner. I have to step over a few legs to get there and I plop down with a sigh. "He doesn't have Harry Potter pajamas, does he?" I ask Evan.

"It wouldn't surprise me," he replies.

Tyler finally emerges, but he's not wearing Harry Potter pajamas. He actually didn't change at all. I can't help but sigh with relief. All he does is put the movie in and make his way over to the couch. Of course, the only empty spot is beside me and Tyler doesn't hesitate to make himself comfortable. He's so close that his arm is brushing mine. We're almost to the point of me sitting on his lap.

I feel his breath close to my ear and he whispers, "Get comfortable."

I'm thankful for the dark or else he'd see my face turn red.

I've seen the first Harry Potter movie. It's been years, but it's hard to forget. But as for the other three I saw, I can't even tell you what happened because it's been too long.

And Tyler is way to happy beside me.

It's surprising how okay I am with how close we're sitting. Even though he popped my personal space bubble, I'm not mad about it. As much as he annoys me, I won't deny that I'm actually attracted to him. But does that mean something's wrong with me? He annoys the shit out of me in purpose, but damn it I think I actually like him.

Am I going to admit that to him?

Hell no.

So I sit there and watch the movie. Every few minutes, Tyler nudges me and tells me this is his favorite part. And when Hagrid tells Harry he's a wizard, Tyler recites it. I want to laugh, but I don't because he's way into it.

Do I actually find that adorable?

Psh, no.

...Shit.

I don't talk and I barely move. Every time I move my arm, I touch him by accident. He doesn't notice and if he does, he doesn't say anything about it. I look around at everyone else and they're all intently watching. I find myself doing the same thing and I lean back further against the couch to get comfortable.

I watch Tyler's profile from this angle and I slowly smile. Lifting a hand, I reach forward and poke the side of his face. He doesn't move, so I pick a new location and poke his side. It's both frustrating and hilarious that he doesn't do anything about it. I bow forward to get a better look and lightly poke the side of his nose.

Nothing.

Like Tyler did to me earlier today, I lift my hand to his hair and wrap a faded blue strand around my finger. I tug slightly, but again, I get nothing. What's the fun of annoying someone when they don't react?

But I don't stop. Something has to annoy him, I just don't know what. Well, bothering his stuff is one of them. I don't think I'll go that far again. Or at least for now. So I keep poking him and tugging on his hair.