Chapter 16: Shut Up And Drink Your Slurpee

Song: That's What You Get by Paramore (For this story, I've been listening to a lot of old Paramore lol. I can never get tired of them tbh. Also, the playlist mentioned in this chapter is on my spotify: jenleighna if you're interested!)

-------

Bea doesn't go with us when we leave.

She'll be joining us in a week because she's going to work a little extra at my dad's office. I'm the one that has a job with the band, so she's filling in for the both of us. I feel bad about it, but she kept telling me it was okay over and over again.

Then there's Ella. I had to take her home this morning and I didn't want to. If I could take Ella, I would. I'd do anything for that kid. But I've already reserved tickets for both Florida shows next month and she's coming whether Evie wants her to or not.

Back in present time.

I'm sitting in the back of the van with a blue haired boy beside me. He has one headphone in his ear and I have the other. I'm in control of the music on his phone though. While playing one of his newly created playlists, I create one of my own.

Tyler tries to look over, but I turn to the side. "Stop it," I tell him and laugh a little. "Leave a little mystery."

He sighs and sits back before stealing some of my pink blanket. "That's what you get." And then he sticks his tongue out at me like the child he is.

That just gave me another idea for a song. That's What You Get by Paramore. He'll know when he sees it and I hope it makes him smile.

There's a few songs I come up with just off the top of my head. Sing for Me by Yellowcard, Strange Love by Halsey, and Alone Together by Fall Out Boy. That's only to name a few. The name of the playlist is just three blue heart emoji's because I always stump when it comes to naming anything.

"There, I'm finished. But you can only listen, you can't go through the songs yet." I press the shuffle button and lock the phone before handing it to Tyler. The first song that plays is Reckless by You Me at Six.

Tyler looks at me with a raised brow.

I just grin at him.

While we listen, I reach to my side to grab my fluffy white pillow and move it to Tyler's other side. I stretch across his lap and rest my head on the pillow. Tyler isn't really paying attention to me anyway. He's on his phone, probably on twitter knowing him.

I reach up and poke the underside of his chin. "You're doing that thing again," I tell him.

"Doing what?" He questions without looking away from his phone.

"Biting your tongue," I reply and flip on my side. I pull the pillow and tuck it further under my head, then I moved the headphone to my other ear. "You're going to bite it off if you're not careful."

All he does is laugh because I can feel it.

That's all I remember before falling asleep.

* * *

"What do you guys want?" Benji asks.

We're working our way to the first show which is all the way in California. The band likes it that way because they like their last shows to be in Florida. They say it's like homecoming or something like that. But the drive to California is forty hours, but with breaks, it's probably going to be damn near two whole days. I'm excited though. I've never been on a road trip before and this one is going to be a very great experience. We're in Pensacola, so almost out of Florida.