Grayson whispered out, "How could you forget something as important as that?"

I felt another headache come on. I put my fingers on my head and started pulling my hair. "I don't know! I don't know how I could have forgotten, but I did! I'm sorry!"

Grayson's hand grabbed onto my arm and pulled it. I let go of my hair, my eyes burning but no tears were shed. I guess I ran out of tears a long time ago. Grayson stepped in front of me, pulling my other arm away from my head. I just looked into his eyes, finding a look of sympathy within them.

  "Drake, it's okay. I know that I can't completely understand what's going on, but I know that none of it by your own will." He took in a deep breath. "It's his fault. It's always because of him."

I started hyperventilating, still in disbelief that I could have forgotten such an important thing. She's one of my best friends! How could I let myself forget?!

  "Wait!" Mia called. "I... I remembered something! At the magic library, we found Collin's diary."

My eyes widened. I remember that moment when she read from that book. I remembered all of it. That book explains everything.

"I have gaps in my memory. My younger brother has been telling me that I have been wandering around the house at night. I have no memory of this."

That explains the memory loss. I recalled the moment when I awoke in my basement that day Mia and I reunited with Grayson. The more I remembered the entries, the more clear things became. My unexplained aggression, and how I lash out at others. It doesn't matter anyway. It's not like I can stop any of it.

  "I know, but we already knew that this was the work of Herobrine." I forgot how much it hurt my head whenever I said his name.

  "It's like Grayson said, it's possible that we could find something at the drago hatchery. Just don't worry. Everything will be back to normal soon."

It was a partial lie. I knew I couldn't be saved, I just wanted to see her smile and convince her that it was alright. A part of me felt guilty for doing so. Nothing at the drago hatchery will give me hope. I may not care about a lot of things anymore, but I do care about my friends safety and happiness. That's all I care about.
I looked up, seeing Lalea and Luke now ahead of us, looking at me in concern. Mainly Lalea was looking at me in such a way. I continued walking, hoping to drop the subject, and tried to remember how we met Mia.
An inn. Yeah! We met at an inn with Paganum in it, and she wanted us to go find her chalice for her. I let out a sigh of relief. Don't forget something like that again. There was that word again, repeating in my mind.

  "Guys! This is it!" Lalea called out to us.

We all stopped in front of a large stone door, with a very large metal diamond shaped plate in the center. There were chains wrapped around the door, with a large lock keeping everything in place. That means we need a key to get in. Just our luck.

  "Looks like we'll need a key to get in." Luke verified.

No! I'm not staying in this dreadful place any longer than I have to! I held up my hands, slowly beginning to glow blue and purple. I'm going to destroy this thing and get the job over with. Already I could feel pain rising in my chest, slowly becoming more intense the longer I held back the spell.

  "Stop!" Lalea grabbed my arms and pulled them down. "What are you doing?!"

  "What does it look like? I'm destroying that God d**m lock!"

She shook her head. "Drake, can't you feel that magic the lock has in it? Not even your unstable magic will be able to destroy it! We need a magic key."