Chapter 8

Journey's POV

I wake up sitting in the passengers seat. I yawn and stretch my arms into the air. We parked the car on the side of the road so we could all sleep for a bit. Everyone else was passed out, so I decide to go for a hike. I get up and get out of the car and walk to the right. Then l walk off the road and onto the grass that leads to the woods. My boots crunch under the twigs as I walk. I decide to walk around a bit, careful of tripping on something. I sit down on a fallen log and take my backpack off my shoulder. I grab my spray paint cans. I take one in my hand and draw on the nearest tree. I miss being able to do graffiti freely in the city. I finish my drawling of a rainbow and head back to the car. Everyone was awake and sitting up. "Journey, you scared the crap out of me! I thought you were killed!" Ches says. "I'm sorry. I just went into the woods to relax. I should of waken u up" I say. "You should of. Now what should we do now?" She asks. "I think we should ditch the car. It's a waists of money for gas, and we can do much better on our own" Hunter suggests. "I agree. I'll drive the car into that parking lot over there" Jackson says, pointing to the little empty parking lot on the left. I nod. Then we take everything out of the car. Jackson hops in the drivers seat and takes off. He parks the car in a empty space. He then gets out of the car with ease. "Maybe if we ever survive this we can come back and get it" Jackson suggests. I nod. "Ok, let's start walking" I say. We start walking forward. We stay on the side of the road. I keep my gun tucked in my boot just in case of another attack. As we walk, I start to think: How do Hunter and Jackson still have half their powers? Just then, we come up to an abandoned gas station. We decide to go in. I clutch my gun in my hand and walk through the door. I scan the area, and it looked safe. "Clear" I say. Then I walk down the isle, and stuff food into my bag, and the others do the same. We were about to leave, when I place a 10$ bill on the counter. I can't leave thinking we were stealing. We keep walking, and we decide to stop to eat. We sit on a curb and eat I'm silence. I decided to eat a tub of fruit, because it was going to go bad soon. I also eat a granola bar. Hunter walks over with a Sprite in hand. He sits next to me on the curb. I smile. "Hey" I say casually. "Hey. How are you doing?" Hunter asks. "I'm holding up okay. I'm missing home though. How about you?" I ask. He sighs. "I never imagined this happening. I was just a high school student, with a normal life. I never new this was going to happen to me" Hunter replies. I look him in his green eyes. "To be honest, I never new that I would be someone special who's powers are still working, or trying to save the world with a girl who hates me and a cute boy and his best friend" I say. Woah, did I really just say that, nice move, Journey. Face palm! "Umm, I mean that ya know.. Umm that" I sigh. I can't save that one. Hunter smiles, which makes my heart melt that he's not even surprised. "You're pretty cute yourself" He says with a smirk on his face and gets up to get a water. I smile. Did he really just say that? We start walking again. I'm getting really tired. The sun was going down, so we better stop soon. That's when I see a abandoned town! That's great! "We should go check it out" I suggest. So we do. There was nothing around, just old buildings. We have to find something! That's when I see a little building. I walk up to it. It read "Rediconville Gym". I smile. That's great! We can get our strength up. Everyone else walks up to where I was standing. "What's that?" Ches asks. "I found a gym! We can work in here to train to fight and get Hunter and Jacksons powers stronger" I say. "That's great!" We walk into the gym. It was one floor, and pretty small but it's better than nothing. I see treadmills, weights, yoga balls, bikes, and much more. This is perfect! I drop my stuff on the floor and walk to a treadmill. I start jogging on it. "Journey, what are you doing?" Ches says. "I haven't been on one of these before and it feels so good to get my energy out" I say, out of breath. Ches sighs. She's clearly annoyed. I get off the treadmill. I walk over to Hunter. "Okay, it's training time!" "WHOOH! Want to do some punching?" Hunter asks. "Sure" I say. I walk over to the boxing area and put on the boxing circle target thingys over my hands. Hunter puts on his boxing gloves. He takes his hands and hits my hands with great force. "Wow your strong!" I say. Hunter grins. "I got muscle" He flexes he biceps. I smile. This is so much fun! We all change out of our sweaty clothes and into fresh clothes. Then I settle down on the floor and drink some water. Once I finished my water, I lay down on the floor to get ready to sleep. I clutch my gun in my hand while I lay down. I keep my bag close to me. "Goodnight" I whisper. Then I close my eyes and doze off into a peaceful sleep.

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed! What do you think will happen next?

-Addie