Chapter 4

Journey's POV

I wake up to my alarm going off. I roll over in bed and press the off button. I get out of bed and go to the kitchen and make a bowl of cereal, then I sit down on the couch to watch the news. I turn on the tv and go to channel 4. I watch for a while with boring segments and the weather when the screen glitches out and a black screen appears. What is happening? "Greetings, people of the world" a dark, deep male voice says. "I have taken all of your powers, and they are now mine. Hide now, if you can. I'm going to attack.None of you will come out alive" I can also hear his voice through my mind as well. I wonder if everyone hears this too. This is really bad. That's why everyone's powers stopped working! Mine have been acting perfectly fine! "I know some of you still have powers, but I will hunt you down" That's when an idea struck. I run to my computer and open up the news. He left the system open! I can get his location! I never knew I was this good with computers. Then I see it. He is in Riverside, California. It looks like he's in a were house! I must find him and stop him. I burst out of my door and run to Franchescas apartment. I barge in. She was staring at the news, in shock. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE GET OUT NOW" She screams at my face. "No" I say fiercely. "You have to answer me honestly. We might be the only ones who can stop this" I say strongly. "Now, do you still have your powers?" I ask. She nods. "There working perfectly fine" "Same with my powers. I hacked into the news system and found his location. We have to go kill him now" I say powerfully. She rolls her eyes. "Like you would ever do that. Your all happy and jumpy" She says. "What you see on the outside may not be the same as the inside" I say deeply. "I'm serious right now. We need to go" I say. "I am not going across the world to kill this person!" She screams. "I'm not going down without a fight. We need to do this. Now grab a bag and pack everything you would need for a couple of weeks. Do you know how to use a gun?" I ask. "Umm.. I bet I could work one" She replies. "I'll teach you. I know how to use a gun and fight. My grandpa was in the military and he would teach me." I say. "Meet at the lobby in 2 minutes" I say. She nods. I run back to my room and pack my gun that I've hid from my mom when we moved in, some first aid stuff, and clothes and food. I put them all in a brown backpack I had. Then I put my hair in a fast pony and put on my running clothes. Then I went down into the lobby. Everyone was freaking out and running. Soon the girl come up to me. "Let's go" I say. We go to my car in the parking lot by the hotel. It is a little plain white car. I get in and start driving out of town. "So what even is your name?" She asks. "Journey. What's yours?" I ask. "Francesca. Call me Ches" she says. I nod. "What power do you have?" I ask her. "Darkness" she says. Oh that explains her personality just right "Wait.. my power is brightness.. Do you think that means something if I'm light and your dark?" I ask. "It must be. Did you bring money?" She asks. I nod. "Only 20$ though and we should spend it on gas" I say. "I have 30$ also" I nod. That's good. We sit there in silence. "Ok, so plan is that we find him and kill him and figure out how to get the worlds powers back" I say. "That sounds like a lot of work, almost impossible" She says. "It's not impossible. We can do this" I say to motivate her. It starts to get dark so we take shifts. She drives and I sleep in the back then I drive while she sleeps. We have a long drive ahead of us. I couldn't sleep, so I was just lost in my thoughts. Will we make it out alive? Hopefully we will. Why am I even doing this? This was a bad idea. Actually, I am going to save the world and we will be okay. What am I even saying? I decide to sketch in my notebook. Then I decide to put it away after a while. Soon I finally fall to sleep I peace.

I wake up to Ches shaking me awake. "It's your turn to drive" she says. I look out the window. It was almost morning. That's good! "How long have we been on the road?" I ask. "Maybe 10 hours?" She says. "Woah! That's a lot" I exclaim. "I stopped for gas once. I used your 20$" I nod. That's good. I get in the drivers seat and see that we are in the middle of no where. No cars, just fields of grass and I dirt road. I put my hands on the cold, black wheel and press the break. Ches laid down in the back. I put in my headphones and played some pop music. I drummed my hands on the wheel to the beat. Maybe I shouldn't have dragged Ches into this. I think deep inside, she really wants to help save the world. Hopefully I'll get to know her more, even if she's a pain in the butt. I keep driving, while keeping my eyes in front of me. There was a car every once in a while, but if not, it was dead silence. I pull out my computer to make sure where going the right way. We were, so that's good. I keep on driving till dawn.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Hope your having a good day! Sorry if this chapter was confusing!

-Addie