Chapter 5

"Sooo..." I trail off and look anywhere but Harry. This is beyond awkward. I'm sitting here in my boxers in front of the guy who has terrorized me for the last 3 years.

"Look, you're drunk. I'm just here to get your ass into bed and make sure you don't choke on your tongue" and there is the Harry I know.

I mumble about how much of dick he is as I slip under the sheets and curl up.

"Hey, I didn't say I was done talking to you yet" I am surprised by his words and the fact that he grabs my hand and pulls me up to a sitting position. The sudden movement makes my drunk brain hazy and I have to lean into Harry to keep myself from passing out.

"Lou?", I am brought out of my dizziness by his deep questioning tone, indicating that he is completely serious, "are you okay?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm fine" my voice does not come out as convincing as I hoped and I watch as his green eyes fill with pity.

"Please. I found you at a bar getting completely shitfaced. You don't have to lie to me Louis, he cheated on you"

His words cause tears to spring to my eyes and realize just how much my heart hurts.

"Honestly Harry, I'm not okay. He doesn't care about me. He just has sex with you, then leaves like we weren't dating for four years. He was the first guy I ever slept with, and now the only reason he calls is to get his fucking cologne that he left. But I shattered that god damn bottle. Just like he shattered our relationship" the words tumble out of my mouth and it causes a sting in my stomach. My throat starts to tighten and the overwhelming urge to cry makes my head hurt.

"I.. You think..." I'm not sure why he's stuttering but the tears begin to pour down my face. Harry surprises me as he pulls my head down to rest on his shoulder. His arm wraps around my bare waist and the goosebumps from earlier tonight are making a comeback.

Harry's gesture is appreciated as he rubs small circles into my side with his fingers.

"Listen, Champ, I didn't sleep with Trevor. As much as we don't get along, I couldn't do something like that to you. Plus, I'm way too good for Trevor" his words calm me down and make me chuckle slightly as his cockiness shows through. Tears continue to stream down my face and my body is trembling against his. I hadn't realized I was sobbing until Harry uses his free hand to push my hair off my forehead and stroke it to the side.

"It just hurts so bad, Harry"

"I know, love. I know" his hand is still stoking my hair and I close my eyes, only to feel a hot puff of breath on my forehead followed by the warm pressure of Harry's lips.

I sigh as he places his lips on my forehead and shushes me softly. This is the most content I've felt in the last week and even though I'm drunk, the numbness goes away. Harry pulls his lips away and my body involuntarily slumps at the loss of contact. Little whimpers are escaping my lips and I just feel completely helpless.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay. Okay? I promise" his voice is so comforting and causes me to wriggle closer to his warm body.

"I promise" he repeats and I close my eyes as his lips make their way to the tip of my nose. He leaves a featherlight kiss and rubs small circles into my back.

"Stop crying please" Harry uses the pads of his thumbs to wipe the tears from my cheeks. He then places light kisses in the places my tears were.

"You're so beautiful Lou, I don't know why he ever hurt you" his lips are still making his way along my face and I'm just sitting there, allowing this to happen. Harry kisses the corner of my mouth and my heart flutters.

He places a soft peck on my lips and pulls back, "so beautiful", was the last thing he says before placing his pink lips back on mine and kissing me tenderly.

Harry's lips are so soft and warm that it makes me melt. They taste like a mix of my salty tears and liquor, but nothing has ever tasted better. His large hands cup my face and his plump lips are sweetly kissing my thin ones. At this moment I am not aware that I'm drunk kissing my ex boyfriend's best friend who just so happens to be my enemy. In this moment I am only aware of how good it feels to be kissed this way and how Harry's lips now hold more passion as the kiss becomes more heated. One of his hands has moved to the back of my neck and is pushing my lips against his in a delightfully heated way. My arms are around his waist, pulling his body into mine. His body is toned and firm, it feels warm against my own. Harry lets out a small moan when my nails rake up and down his back. At this point I'm sure we have lost any kind of self control and neither him nor I are planning on stopping this.

As the kiss became more feverish, my hips are grabbed by large hands and pulled onto a solid lap, my legs on either side of his. Harry slides his tongue in my mouth and our mouths are moving perfectly in sync. Everything feels tingly in my body and I feel liberated, a little too liberated. As we pull away for breath and I look into his eyes that have become dark from pleasure, my stomach tightens and my boxers are tightening.

I can't help it when he pulls me back to kiss him. My hips involuntarily rock against Harry, while our lips are still attacking each other. Harry pulls away from my mouth to plaster hot, wet kisses down my jaw to my neck, all the while my hips are still grinding down on him. When I let out a strangled moan, Harry's head snaps up and he grabs my hips to cease my movements. Almost like the reality of the situation has hit him like a ton of bricks.

"Louis, we can't do this, you're drunk and broken. Not to mention we don't get along" Harry's voice is very serious and I can't help but feel disappointed.

"Yeah.."

"Let's get you into bed" he lifts me from his lap and plops me next to him on the bed. I curl up into the sheets and close my eyes. That was amazing, but wrong. Oh so wrong. We just made out in Trevor's bed. My ex boyfriend's best friend and I just made out. I wonder how many men Trevor has made out with since we split. The thought brings on a fresh batch of tears to my eyes and a few stream down my face.

"Hey, don't cry. I didn't stop because I wanted to. I stopped because I can't take advantage of you. I'm sorry" his body was crouched next to my body, his face just inches away from mine.

"It's not that. I was just thinking about how many men Trevor had kissed since we broke up" Harry's eyes fill with sadness as he sighs.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry"

"It's okay Harry. Can you just... Could you... Stay with me?" my plea is weak and pitiful, but I just can't be alone right now.

"Erm... Yeah I guess" I can tell that he isn't too thrilled with the idea, but stands up and walks to the other side of the bed anyway. I faintly hear the sound of a zipper and my skin prickles with the idea of Harry in his boxers.

The bed indents with his weight and I can tell he is trying to stay away from me.

"I don't bite" I try to make the situation a little lighter as I turn to face him.

He lips curl into a smirk as he stretches his arm out and pulls me close to his chest. He is so warm and comforting that I almost forget what an ass he is.

"Goodnight Harry"

"Goodnight 17"