Chapter 28

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I am humbled and amazed to see that Prairie has over 90K reads. I never woulda thought this silly idea would take off like it has, and I truly appreciate each and every one of you who reads, votes, and/or comments. I've truly fallen in love with Harry & Frankie, and I hope you guys have too. Thank you so much, ILY. xo

TWITTER: @styles_orama

******

I can feel the magic floating in the air
Being with you get's me that way
I watch the sunlight dance across your face
And I've never been this swept away.
--Faith Hill

******

FRANKIE:

"Frankie?" His fingertips twist at my nipple while I watch, powerless to do much else. Those green eyes look like they're 'bout to ask for somethin'. "Baby doll?" His hand lowers, his fingertips take a little walk around my bellybutton. Quick to his knees, his hands on either side of my hips, he squinches the fabric of my knickers in his fists. "Can I take these off, Frankie?" My blood runs through my veins a mixture of holy water and hellfire, poolin' down below like a deep puddle after a rainfall, just achin' to be splashed in.

I blush a wicked shade of red. There is nothin' I want more than to be naked and wrapped up in Harry, but –

"I promise, I won't um – try to – you know." He's the one blushin' now.

His voice is sincere, and I trust him, but, "I'll be . . . naked." My voice is but a fraction of a whisper.

Harry grins just cause I'm statin' the obvious. "Well, darlin', I'm half naked." He chuckles, "I'd like to be fully naked, but I don't think we're ready for that yet."

I laugh at his silliness, but at the same time it makes me feel things down below. Just thinkin' 'bout Harry and what he'd be like free and naked as a jaybird.

I think I love him.

*****

HARRY:

I'm holdin' onto Frankie's knickers so tight, you'd think it's a matter of life or death. I look her in the eye and in my mind I'm prayin' to the Lord almighty and makin' all kinds of bargains – if he'll just let me have this one thing. Her eyes meet mine and I fear I might pass out or somethin'. Have I been holdin' my breath? Shit.

Frankie gives the slightest hint of a nod that throws my heart into a confusion like it's never known. It stops beatin' for a bit, then goes willy-nilly tryin' to catch up on what it missed. Instead of pullin' her knickers off right away, I'm overwhelmed by . . . I don't rightly know for sure . . . but she's sittin' there with the sunlight shinin' on her hair, bitin' her lip, and lookin' at me with such – what is it?

Trust. She trusts me. Frankie trusts me, and here I am tryin' to pull her knickers off and get a whiff of her privates. My cock is so hard I could split rock with it and I'm a little short of air. What's happenin' to me?

"You're gonna stay with me, right Frankie?" I hear myself speak, but I don't rightly recall plannin' to say anythin' at all.

Frankie's brows knit in thought as she pulls the sheet over her breasts. "What do you mean?"

I let go of her knickers so I can lie next to her, on my side, and push some blonde strands of hair away from her face. "Promise you won't leave me, Frankie." I pull the cover back down so I can see her bosoms again, and my hand wanders to the small of her back to pull her close.