//Chapter one//

The teacher was on fire, burning to a crisp.

Okay maybe that's not quite true, unfortunately, he was still rambling on about Pythagoras or whatever at the front of the room, however in my mind, he was burning while the rest of us make our way to the blissful freedom of holidays.

I frown, that was probably a tad violent but then again, it was Mr Castor, or Satan as we called him, he'd probably just raise his trident and laugh. Yea I'm just going to blame math on my new found violent behaviour, not the fact that I binge watched supernatural all night.

I rest my head on my textbook with a sigh and look at my friend Thao who sat beside me. His blue eyes are staring at the clock above our teacher, he looked like he wanted to slam his head against the desk, just like the rest of us.

Just then, the teacher's voice broke through my thoughts and dragging my attention back to the lesson.

"Miss Carlo, you seem to be paying attention, perhaps you know the answer?"

I pretend to think for a moment before grinning. "Sorry sir, but I can't possibly answer a question I wasn't paying attention to."

He scowls but doesn't reply.

"Mr Beckley, for once you seem to be paying attention, perhaps you can perform a miracle and answer the question?"

"Sorry sir, but the clocks the only thing I've noticed the whole lesson."

Smirking Thao bumps knuckles with me, anger overcame Mr Castor's features.

Now the whole class was paying attention, everyone always finds Thao and I annoying the teacher very entertaining, mostly because it meant less time actually learning.

"Are you okay sir, your face is a tad red," mock worry laces my pleasant tone.

Now it was quite obvious we were heading toward a detention, not that I cared Thao and I often spent large amounts of time in Mr Castor's detentions.

Now Mr Castor had a vein standing out on his angry red face.

A glance at the clock told me we had about a minute until class ended.

I grin at Thao and he smiles back mischievously.

"Say, Astrid don't you think he's missing something?"

I held in my laugh, struggling to answer in a straight tone, "hmm, well he's not surrounded by the souls of the damned, fire and his trident of hell."

You could practically see the steam blowing from his ears, and to make it all even funnier, when he opened his mouth, no doubt planning to give us our fourth detention that week, the bell rang shrilly.

The class instantly erupted in noise as the students all but bolted for the door, chattering excitedly about the next six school-free weeks.

As I reach the door I turn, "buh-bye Mr Castor, I look forward to seeing you after the holidays."

His face was one of pure anger as I finally left the stuffy classroom and enter the corridors that smelt of polish and sweat.

Opening my locker, I grin at Thao, buzzing with excitement at the thought of six whole weeks of freedom.

"So judging by your huge-normas smile, your either realising you're oh so hopelessly in love with me or you're already planning mischievously delightful things for us to do with our new found freedom."

I narrow my eyes, "firstly I don't think huge-normas is even a word."

He scoffs at this but I ignore it and continue.