Dave sighed. "Mr. Clifford, Mr. Irwin, please settle—"

"No!" Ashton raised his voice a little, cutting off Dave. "Sir, I don't care about the contract or whatever these two signed. Calum is our best friend, we will not just let you dictate something like this."

"Ashton, Michael, calm down." Patricia said, voice not raising one bit. "I know what you two are trying to say, and believe me I don't like this one bit—"

"I agree with them." I felt all eyes on me but I kept my gaze on Patricia and Dave. "Calum is a human being, he is not just a puppet. You can not force him to come out just to sell this facade. Dave, you let me come out as gay. That was my decision, and it is who I am. Don't you think forcing us to be dating for publicity is enough? You're already getting what you want!"

"Exactly! They already believe it!" Ashton piped up again.

Michael looked like he was about to snap anytime soon. "And it's Calum's decision, you can't dictate when he's ready to announce something this big."

Suddenly everybody was speaking up, and the words were getting mixed. I turned towards Calum, the only one not saying anything, and he was stuck looking at his lap.

"The deal!" My voice rose above the others, effectively silencing the room.

"What?" Patricia asked.

"The deal," I repeated. "You told me the day we signed the contract that you'd both agree to follow one of my requests, just as long as it's not about stopping this or telling anybody it's fake, right?"

"Yes." Dave nodded slowly, looking skeptical.

"I'm invoking that deal now," I said. "You can not force Calum to come out when he isn't ready, when it isn't his choice. His sexuality and when or how he shares it to other people is his to decide."

Silence, again. Patricia and Dave stared at each other, as if they were having a silent conversation about what I just said. Dave turned to me, still conflicted. It pissed me off.

I raised my eyebrows, expectant. "Do we have a deal or not?"

Both managers were taking turns looking at Calum and I, and it was clear they've made their minds up.

Before either of them could speak, I felt Calum's hand grab my own. The action itself wasn't as surprising as seeing him smile genuinely at me, like he just couldn't help himself.

He squeezed my hand before he finally spoke up. "Luke, save your request."

Michael and Ashton were already protesting, both males standing up and stepping until they were stood beside Calum. Calum rolled his eyes at them then squeezed my hand. "It won't be necessary."

"Cal, what are you—" Ashton tried to speak, but Calum spoke up once again.

"I've decided come out."

---

Michael and Ashton hugged Calum just as he announced that he decided he'd come out, and they all looked like they were going to burst into tears any moment. The two band members were asked by Patricia to leave so that she could talk with Calum and I in private. She basically told us when we could finally confirm that we were dating.