Chapter 11

Avery pulled her Jeep into a parking space that was two streets down from the busy Pandemonium club. She stopped the car, and sat back in the seat for a second before she looked in the rear view mirror at Jace.
"This is a dumb idea. I have a bad feeling about this." Avery looked at Jace, who raised an eyebrow.
"Why?" He asked, taking off his seatbelt and leaning towards Avery.
"I don't know, I just don't feel right about this." She replied, pulling the keys out of the ignition and handing them to Jace as he put them in his pocket.
"It's your first mission in a while, it's okay to be a little nervous." Alec told her, resting his hand on her thigh. Jace, Izzy, and Lucy all looked at Alec's hand, and then looked at each other. Avery looked at the three in the back, and frowned.
"Get out of my car and start walking." She told them, and they quickly took off their seat belts and climbed out of the car, shutting the door behind them. Avery looked at Alec, who moved his hand to cup her face, and brought her lips to his. Avery smiled against his lips, and grabbed his collar to bring him closer to her. Alec rested hand on her hip, leaning over the consul. Avery kissed him once more before she pulled away, a smile on her lips.
"Thank God for tinted windows." She laughed, and Alec grinned back at her. Alec pecked a kiss on her lips once more before he unbuckled his seatbelt, and stepped out of the car. Avery was smiling as she got out of the car and met Jace, who was standing on the sidewalk waiting for her. Avery looked ahead and saw Lucy, Alec, and Izzy walking in separate directions to get to the club unnoticed.
"I told them to get a visual on our guy before you go in." Jace told her as they started to walk towards the club.
"So..." Jace trailed off, and Avery looked at him with a raised eyebrow.
"So?" She asked, suspicion on her face. Jace was grinning.
"You know, I could have sworn that you were wearing lipstick before you went to the training room." Jace said, looking at Avery who was blushing a deep red.
"Yeah, it was a nice dark red lipstick too. I also noticed Alec's hair was all kinds of crazy, and you know he never wears his hair like that." Jace continued, and raised an eyebrow at Avery. She looked at him, and smiled.
"I was wearing dark red lipstick, and Alec's hair is messed up." She admitted, stopping in front of a small boutique shop window and pulled the same lipstick from her bra and began applying it.
"You kissed Alec, didn't you?" Jace asked. Avery had quickly finished applying her lipstick, and pressed her lips together. She looked at Jace and smiled.
"Well, he kissed me. Then I kissed him, he kissed me, I kissed him, and then he kissed me." Avery grinned, and leaned against the boutique window. Jace had a stupid grin on his face.
"Freekin finally, I could tell Alec was happier than normal. " Jace told her as he leaned against the window next to her. Avery laughed.
"I think I'm the one who should be yelling 'freekin finally'" she laughed. The two were both laughing when Jace's phone started ringing. He pulled it out of his pocket, and answered it.
"Hello? You see him? Alright, we'll be in shortly." Jace hung up the phone and turned to Avery.
"He's at the bar. Time to go in, good luck." Jace told her, and he watched as Avery walked toward the club.
"Oh and Avery?" Jace called, and she turned around.
"Congratulations. I'm glad you two finally ended up together." Jace told her, and Avery smiled and nodded in thanks. She turned back towards the club and started walking towards it. Avery approached the club, and while the bouncer was busy checking some kid's fake ID, she slipped in unnoticed. Avery looked around, and all she saw were sweaty teenagers bumping and grinding against one another. Avery looked around, and she saw Izzy dancing on a table. Nothing new, she thought, and she looked past Izzy, and she felt her heart break. Avery saw Lucy and Alec dancing together. Alec's hands were holding onto Lucy's hips, and she was pressed against Alec.
"That bitch." Avery growled, glaring at Lucy. She almost forgot why she was at the club when she caught a glance of a blood red shirt sitting at the bar. Avery followed her gaze and saw the demon sitting at the bar with a beer in his hand. Avery turned towards the demon, and made her way to the end of the bar, 5 seats away from him.
"Jack Daniels on the rocks, please." She told the bartender, who nodded and quickly poured her a drink, and slid it to her. Avery nodded in thanks, and took a sip of her drink. Avery groaned inwardly in regret at her drink of choice. Avery looked at her drink, and judging on the bartenders lack of attentiveness to how he poured drinks, she guessed she had the equivalent of 5 shots in her drink. Avery took another sip as she felt someone sit down next to her. Avery looked over, and saw the demon from the pictures and the videos sitting next to her.
"Now, a girl like you should not be sitting at a bar alone." He told her, a grin on his face. Avery rolled her eyes at him.
"And why is a guy like you sitting alone at a bar?" Avery asked, slipping into her native British accent. The demon's eyes widened slightly, and he leaned in towards her.
"Really, just looking for a girl like you. Where you from?" He asked, resting his chin in his hand. Avery raised an eyebrow at the boy.
"Why, you don't even know my name." She joked with him, pushing him slightly on his shoulder.
"Mason, and you?" Mason asked, putting his hand on Avery's thigh, his thumb running circles in her inner thigh. Internally, Avery was already killing the demon in front of her, but she knew she needed to play along. Avery laughed slightly.
"Ariana. Nice to meet you Mason." She told him.
"Damn, that accent is so sexy." Mason growled, leaning further into Avery. She fake laughed, looking down and covering her face with her hands. When Avery wasn't paying attention Mason dropped two pills in her drink that quickly dissolved. Avery looked back up at Mason, a smile on her face. The two talked for about fifteen minutes, and Avery had downed one and a half glasses, about 7 shots, and it was safe to say that Avery was borderline drunk. She went to finish her second drink, when a wave of dizziness struck her.
"Oh no..." Avery muttered, gripping onto the countertop.
"Ariana, are you okay?" Mason asked, standing up and wrapping an arm around Avery's waist. Avery stood up with him leaning against him.
"Oh I don't know..." She trailed off, looking at her empty cup and seeing white sediment in her first glass. Avery looked up at Mason in shock.
"What did you put in my drink?" She whispered, holding on to his arm for support. Mason smiled an evil smile before he tightened his grip on Avery's waist.
"Oh, just some GHB. It's a date rape drug, if you didn't know." Mason told her as they made their way to the back of the club. Avery cursed under her breath. She should have known better than to take her eyes off her drink. She should have known better than to get a drink in the first place.
"Oh darling I know your head is full of regret right now, but I highly doubt you're processing anything. GHB causes drowsiness, dizziness, and eventually you'll black out. You look drunk, and everyone will think that I'm just helping you out. I'm such a nice guy aren't I?" Mason asked, looking down at Avery with a sinister grin, while all she was doing was struggling to stay conscious.
"I know what you are, and I know why you're here. You thought you could get answers from me, but you are wrong. " Mason dragged Avery through the crowd of people, and through the back door in the club into the storage room. Mason shoved Avery into a stack of boxes, and she stumbled and fell on top of them.
"My job is simple. My boss sent me to get you, since you didn't die a week ago." Mason growled, stepping towards Avery. She struggled to stand up, and she held onto a storage shelf for support.
"Someone wants me dead?" Avery asked, her speech was slurring together. Mason laughed.
"Slurred speech is also a side effect of GHB. You should lose consciousness shortly, and this will be a lot easier." Mason growled, stepping towards Avery. Avery took a step back, and quickly pushed the storage shelf into Mason. He fell down and struggled to get the shelf off of him. Avery pulled her seraph blade out from her bra, and watched as the blade slid out from the hilt.
"Now now!" Mason yelled, throwing the shelf off of him. He stood up, and glared at Avery.
"You shouldn't play with sharp objects in your condition." Mason reached out to grab Avery's seraph blade, but she stepped back and kicked his hand out her way.
"Well, if that's how it's gonna be." Mason smiled sadistically, and Avery watched as Mason's pretty face dissolved into a black humanoid figure with long teeth and claws. She saw the demon venom dripping from his mouth. Avery brought her blade up in a defensive stance, but she stumbled, feeling an immense wave of dizziness take over.
"Avery darling, just give up." A warped, demonic voice being emitted from the figure.
"Never." She responded, and swung her blade in the demon's direction. He easily dodged it, and pulled Avery into his chest.
"Time to go." The demon spat out. His claws had ripped the lace sleeves on Avery's dress, and had also left long, bleeding scratch marks from her shoulders to her wrists. The demon yanked Avery towards the back door, and she stumbled, and fell onto the ground. She heard the demon speak in a language she didn't understand, and as Avery stood back up, she saw the demon speaking to a girl with shoulder length blonde hair, and a red dress. Avery shook her head, thinking she was seeing things.
"L-Lucy?" She asked, wobbly stepping forward. Avery watched as the girl's appearance shifted, and and she turned into a tall, buff looking man with short blonde hair that was turning grey at the sides. He turned around to face Avery, and she gasped in shock.
"Daddy?" Avery whispered, taking a step towards the man. He smiled in response, and reached out to Avery, tucking a piece of hair behind Avery's ear. Tears were streaming down her face as she leaned into her father's hand.
"Baby girl, I missed you." Her father replied, but it wasn't her father's voice. It was a distorted, demonic sound that wasn't her father's voice. Avery pulled away from the man's touch.
"No, no it can't be. The only way you'd be able to look like him is if he was alive..." Avery took a shaky breath in, and she raised her sword in a defensive stance.
"Smart girl. Shouldn't you have passed out by now?" The demon asked, stepping forward. As Avery was about to strike, she saw her 'father' freeze in his place, and disintegrate at her feet. The other demon turned towards the door, and jumped onto Alec, who had shot an arrow at the demon posing at Avery's father. Alec fell on the ground, and cried out in pain as the demon sunk its teeth into his shoulder.
"Alec no!" She cried, and launched her seraph blade at the demon. The blade caught the demon in the chest, and it instantly turned to dust. Avery stumbled over to Alec, and fell to her knees next to him.
"Alec? Look at me, stay with me." Avery cupped Alec's face in her hand, and he looked at her and grinned.
"I'll be fine. What about you?" Alec asked, reaching up and holding her chin in his hand, dragging his thumb across her lower lip. Avery shook her head, feeling another wave of dizziness hit her. She leaned forward and rested her head on Alec's chest, the dizziness becoming almost too much for her to handle. She leaned back up, and lifted Alec's shirt and found his stele in his waistband. She pulled it out, and went back to the demon bite on his shoulder. Avery drew a healing rune over the bite. Avery heard Alec swear under his breath as she finished the rune.
"Avery you're not okay." Alec tried to sit up, but drew in a sharp breath through his teeth.
"Neither.... neither are..." Avery gripped onto Alec's hand for whatever stability it could offer as she felt her vision go blurry, and she fell forward onto Alec's chest.
"Avery..." Alec trailed off, as his vision was going blurry as well from the demon venom coursing through his veins. His head fell back on to the ground, finally passing out from the demon venom. The two lay on the ground, unconscious in each others embrace.
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
This chapter was fun to write, but the ending I'm not so happy with. I can't guarantee an update next week, as I have some writers block. This story has gotten over 200 views???? Thanks guys! I'm so incredibly happy about that, it's crazy to think this has been viewed 200 times.
That's all I got for now 😊
Published on 5-28-16