Chapter 9

(This is the dress I imagine Avery wearing)

Avery walked into her room and closed the door softly as to not draw attention to herself. She leaned against the door, sighing.
"Get it together Avery." She muttered, rubbing her eyes and feeling the tears fall that she had been trying so hard to hold back. Avery wiped her tears from her cheeks and walked to her closet and pulled out a strapless black bra and underwear. She walked into her adjoining bathroom and shut the door behind her. Avery stripped off her sweaty workout clothes and threw them into the hamper by her door. Avery took her hair out of its ponytail and shook out her hair. She stepped into the shower, and let the hot water run down her body, relaxing her. Once she felt the water start to turn cold, she shampooed and conditioned her hair and shaved. Avery turned off the shower and rung her hair out. She stepped out and dried off her body before slipping on a silk robe that stopped right above her knees. She tied the robe around her waist in a bow. Avery wrapped her hair in a towel  on top of her head, and walked out of her bathroom. She walked over to her small vanity in the corner of her room, and sat down. Avery reached over and grabbed her iPhone 6 and checked the time.
"3:45. I've got a few hours." She muttered. Avery put in her passcode to her phone, and turned on a random Spotify playlist. While the music was playing, she started to blow dry her hair, deciding on taking her time to get ready.

It was about 7:30, and Avery had finished curling her hair in big bouncy curls. She had her hair pinned back and was doing her makeup. Besides her foundation, Avery had contoured her cheek bones and applied a soft pink blush. She had a dark grey smokey eye with black winged eyeliner that made her emerald green eyes pop. Avery was applying a shimmery silver highlighter when she heard a soft knock on her door. Avery sighed, and set her makeup brush down on her vanity, and stood up. She retied the robe she was wearing, and pulled it down slightly before she set her hand on the doorknob, and opened the door. Avery saw Jace standing there wearing black skinny jeans that weren't too skinny, a dark grey button up with a black vest over it. He looked up at Avery and smiled.
"Hey, can I come in?" He asked. Avery smiled back.
"Yeah." She replied, stepping aside and letting Jace in. He walked passed her, and Avery shut the door behind them.
"To what do I owe the pleasure of your arrival?" Avery chuckled slightly as she sat back down at her vanity and resumed applying her highlighter.
"I wanted to make sure you were okay. I could tell you were upset when you left, and I didn't want to leave you alone." Jace replied, sitting down in the chair he pulled next to the vanity from Avery's desk. Avery looked at Jace's reflection in the mirror, and smiled.
"That, and I didn't know if this is acceptable for me to wear to the club." Jace laughed, turning towards Avery. She chuckled, and put down the blood red lipstick she had been applying. She turned to Jace.
"Stand up and let me get a good look at you." Avery told him as she stood up and stepped a few feet away from him. Jace stood up, and did a little twirl. Avery choked back a laugh, covering her hands with her face.
"What? Don't I look nice? I think I did a good job!" Jace complained, gesturing to himself.
"You actually did for once, but you buttoned your shirt up too much. You gotta show some skin." Avery chuckled, and walked towards Jace. She reached up and started to unbutton Jace's shirt. She unbutton four buttons before his runes would show. Avery adjusted his shirt so that his chest was peeking out. Avery left her hands resting on Jace's chest, sighing slightly. Jace looked down at Avery, a concerned look on his face.
"Hey, are you okay?" Jace asked. He reached up and tucked a stray piece of hair behind Avery's ear. Avery looked up at Jace.
"I'm fine, really." Avery told Jace, pulling away from him. Jace sighed, knowing something else was bothering her.
"Avery you know that if you need anything I'm here for you, right?" Jace asked, stepping towards her and putting his hand on her waist, comforting her. Avery nodded, and shook off Jace's hand, sighing. Jace nodded.
"Okay. I'll come get you when we need to leave." Jace said softly. Avery only nodded in response. Jace walked to the door, and looked back at Avery once more before he exited the room. When Avery heard the soft click of the door closing, she exhaled loudly since she had been holding her breath.
"Damn it Avery." She muttered to herself, running her hands through her hair. She had missed being so close to Jace, and being able to have him there to comfort her.
No, I don't like Jace anymore. Avery thought.
I need to get it together. I can't keep letting my feelings get in the way. Damn it why do things have to be so confusing?
Avery sighed as she looked at the time on her phone. It was 7:45.
"Shit, I need to get dressed." Avery muttered, and walked to her closet to get dressed.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Hey guys! I know this is a short chapter but as I was writing this I realized that what I want to happen next won't make sense in this chapter. This is kind of a filler chapter.
A little bit of Javery in this chapter! What do you think? Their relationship... well I won't spoil it for you!
There should be an update within the next 3-4 days.

Published on 5/20/16