Chapter 3 (Picture of Derek)

Start from the beginning

The man sighed, his face coming into view. He had blonde hair which looked gold under the lighting and green eyes. “I can’t say, really unless you want to die,” he said, giving me a sympathetic smile.

I gasped. This man was just like Derek and Jayden! I backed away slowly. “Die?” I asked, wary.

The man shook his head, holding up his palms defensively. “Oh, if you think I’m going to kill you, I’m not. I was just stating the truth. If I tell you why I’m here, you and I could be in grave danger.”

I frowned, keeping a good distance between us just in case. “You can tell me. I think we are here for the same reason.”

The man looked at me funny before shaking his head, chuckling. “No, I certainly don’t think you are here for the same reason as me. I mean, how old are you anyways?”

“Nineteen,” I said, slowly, not sure if I could trust him or not.

The man nodded. “Yeah, I don’t think I could tell you. Why are you here?” he asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

I gulped. “My sister.”

The man nodded. “I see… And why did your sister bring you here into this dark alley?” he asked, sounding confused.

This man seemed like a decent enough man. He talked really intelligent like and spoke calmly. He also radiated comfort. “My sister… She was kidnapped.”

The man froze, staring at me with wide eyes. “Is your sister by any chance named Aurora?” he asked me, shocked.

I shook my head. “No, well, they think she is named Aurora but it’s really me who is Aurora. Her name is Auburn. They mistook her for me. They didn’t know I had a twin,” I said, spilling out everything to this stranger.

The man came forward to me, shaking his head. “Wait, start from the beginning. How did this happen?”

I sighed. “Well, I sort of… Witnessed these two guys murdering someone. They chased me home after I told them my name. When they came to kidnap me, they actually took my sister. I guess they thought she was me.”

The man frowned. “Why would you tell them your name? Derek and Jayden are two dangerous guys, you do know that right?”

I nodded, sighing. “Yes, I know that but… Wait, how do you know them? They are the two men I was talking about,” I said, shocked.

The man nodded. “I know them. I know them pretty well, actually. I am part of their little group,” the man said, rolling his eyes.

I gasped, putting my hand into my bag, getting my knife ready. This man was one of them! The man shook his head, coming towards me. “Wait, let me explain!” he pleaded.

I relaxed but still held onto the knife. “You are one of them,” I whispered.

The man shook his head. “No, wait, please let me explain. It will all make sense afterwards.”

I sighed, nodding. I still held onto the knife though. “My name is Caleb. I am part of Derek and Jayden’s little group. They are bad men, Aurora. They are involved with anything illegal. If something didn’t go their way, they killed people. That man you saw that was murdered ratted them out on their little drug deal. He had to be killed.”

I stepped back slowly. “So? That doesn’t make you a good guy.”

Caleb shook his head. “Let me finish. Anyway, I am part of their group but I am desperately wanting out. I had to be dragged into it. I didn’t want to be in the gang.”

I frowned. “How come?”

Caleb shook his head in regret. “I was like you. I witnessed them murdering someone. I pleaded for them to spare me so they gave me a deal. If I joined them, I wouldn’t be killed.”

I gaped at the man. “So why didn’t they ask me to join them instead of kidnapping my sister? What are they going to do to her? Where are they taking her?”

Caleb gave me a sad smile. “Cruel, cruel things, I’m afraid. I think they are going to take her to their log cabin up in the woods.”

I raised a brow. “Log cabin?”

Caleb nodded. “That’s basically their headquarters. They are either going to torture or make your sister their sex slave.”

I sighed, pulling my hair in fists. “Can you help me?” I asked, near tears.

Caleb sighed. “I don’t know if I could be in much use for you. I do not want violence. I am only standing here so I could ask Derek and Jayden to let me go.”

I tilted my head. “What happens if you want to be let go of the gang?”

Caleb shook his head. “They beat you up until you are really weak or have died.”

I glared at nothing. That made me angry. “They have to be stopped.”

Caleb’s eyes widened. “No! Do you know how powerful Derek and Jayden are? You will be killed on the spot.”

I gulped. “Well, I have to find my sister. Please, she’s important to me.”

Caleb sighed, looking as if he was debating whether to help me or not. I continued to give him my best pleading look. “Caleb, please,” I said, desperate.

Caleb sighed and nodded. “Okay, I’ll help you but you have to be very careful. We cannot trust anyone except each other, got it?”

I nodded. “Got it. How far is their cabin anyway?”

Caleb shrugged. “I have no idea. I don’t think they are going straight there though. I think they are going to a couple of spots on the way.”

“Which is?”

“Gang related territory. You just have to play along,” Caleb said, as we got in my car.