chapter 4

I checked my twitter account. Awesomeness! 926 followers. That meant at least half of them listened to my music on MySpace. I logged out and checked my YouTube account. 342 subscribers were subscribed to my channel.

The internet was my friend. It provided me the foundation I needed in order to reach my dream. Thomas would hog the computer for hours, preventing me from ever using it. I had an account on every single website to spread my music around. Some of them were giving me good feedback, but I wasn't exposed enough.

I did open mic nights on a daily bases and also did some free gigs at festivals. I even mailed an artist profile for Alternative Press magazine for their AP&R section, but I still didn't see my picture on their page.

Thomas was reading the latest issue of the magazine. "I'm surprise I haven't seen your picture on here. Didn't you send like 20 letters to them?"

I threw a grape I was eating at him. "I only sent one."

"Whatever," he muttered. "There are a lot of mew artist here like The Ready Set? Who the hell is the Ready Set?"

"Why don't you read the article, genius," I rolled my eyes.

He read the article. "Oh, he's similar to Owl City. He's a one man band," he looked closely at the picture. "For some old reason, he looks so familiar."

"Was he your boyfriend or something?" I joked.

"Haha, very funny," he said sarcastically. "Never mind then," he flipped the page.

I grabbed my laptop from the kitchen counter. "Don't disturb me, okay? I'm going to do my daily video blog."

Thomas nodded. "Okay, Tiffany Clueless," I rolled my eyes as I walked inside the bedroom.

I opened the computer and grabbed my guitar. Maybe I should do a cover this time. The last cover I did was "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind.

I glanced up at the posters on my wall. Fall Out Boy. I should cover a Fall Out Boy song. The first song that popped into my head was "Tiffany Blews" since it had my name on the title. I knew how to play the song, so I guess I was going to play it then.

I logged onto my computer and went onto my webcam. I fixed my hair and wore a little bit of make-up. I wanted to look decent for this. I picked up my guitar and powered the camera. The green light from the camera lit up.

I took a deep breath. "Hey you guys," I announced. "This is Tiffany, as you know…well for some of you but to the rest who haven't heard of me, I'm Tiffany Massena. I will be playing 'Tiffany Blews' by Fall Out Boy. Hope you enjoy it!" I began playing the song.

After playing the whole song, I strummed the last chord. "If you guys like this video, post this on twitter, facebook, MySpace…every website you can think of that's appropriate! Thanks, you guys!" I turned off the webcam and went onto YouTube. Thomas came in the room.

"Do you seriously think people are going to be posting this, no offense?"

I shrugged. "If they at least like it…that would mean a lot to me. Who knows? Maybe this will be the perfect cover song that will get me known."

He patted my head. "You have big dreams, little sis."

"Every dedication starts with a dream."