chapter 2

"Wait…you're moving?"

Dan-Dan and I were in his front yard playing basketball. He lived right across the street from me so I was able to come over to his house and he was able to come over mine. When I heard that he was going to move, I knew that this might be the last we were able to do this.

"Yeah, my mom got a job in Indiana. It's so all of a sudden," he shot the ball in the basket. "I thought that we were able to go to middle school together."

I sat down on the pavement. "I can't believe you're moving," Dan-Dan walked over to me and grinned.

"You know I'll never forget you, right?" he placed his arm around my shoulder. "You're so awesome."

I fixed his bed head hair and smiled back. "I'll never forget you either."

He hugged me and pulled out something from his pocket. "Here," he pulled out a necklace and placed it around my neck. "I made this for you," the necklace had a guitar pick hanging from it. "It has my name and your name on the pick so you'll always remember that we will be together no matter what."

I kissed him on the cheek. "It's great. I love it."

Dan-Dan and I have liked each other ever since we first met in the first grade. He may be weird at time (like picking his nose and eating the boogers, or making fart noises in silent places), he was a great person to be with and I couldn't imagine hanging out with anyone else.

Our parents didn't know about us so we were pretty secret about this relationship so we couldn't be too close or else our secret would be exposed.

Dan-Dan removed his arm around my shoulder and glanced up in the sky. "You know, when I get famous, I'm going to have someone fly you to Indiana."

"Not if I get famous first," I laughed.

"We'll see about that," he kissed me on the forehead.

My mom came out of my house.

"Tiffany! It's time for dinner!" she ordered.

"I have to go Dan-Dan!" I gave him a quick hug.

"See ya, Tiff!" he ran back inside his house while I ran to my house. My mom grinned as I walked towards her.

"You and Jordan are really close, huh?" she asked as we walked in the house.

"Yeah," I replied casually. "I can't believe he's moving," I sat down in the dining room, along with my dad and my older brother, Thomas.

"There's more fish in the sea," my mom assured.

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean by that?" My father was curious as well since he looked intently at Mom.

"It's obvious that you like him, sweetheart."

Dad looked at me. "Are you two talking about Jordan?"

I nodded as Thomas' eyebrows furrowed.

"Don't like that weirdo," he took a bite of his mash potatoes. "He's weird."

"He's moving," I mentioned as I rolled my eyes. "I know he's weird, but he's still my best friend."

"That's what worries me: the fact you are best friends with him."

"What part of 'he's moving' don't you understand?" I stood up from the table. "May I excuse myself from the table?"

Father nodded as I walked upstairs to my room. I shut the door and lay down on the bed.

Dan-Dan was moving on the opposite side of the freaking country and I couldn't do anything about it. I thought we were going to be together throughout, but some things couldn't go the way I wanted.

A pebble was thrown at my window. Since my window was open, it went inside my room.

I got up and walked to my window. Dan-Dan was waiting outside, carrying a guitar. I raised an eyebrow. "What are you doing?" I quietly yelled out the window.

All he did was smile at me and started strumming his guitar. I recognized the melody. It was "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind. That was my favorite song of all time.

I sang along to the song while he was playing it. I guess we were too loud since the neighbors were complaining too much and the fact that Thomas came in my room and told me to shut up. When he finished playing the song, he gave me a flying kiss and ran off into the night.

Sweetness.