You're my Hollywood dream?

Disclaimer: I don't own anyone real (aka The Ready Set or any real bands mentioned throughout the story). I own the storyline and the original characters.

"But mommy, the kids don't like me here."

Mom and I stopped in front of Mrs. Winders. "It's only the first day, sweetheart. You'll make friends here. They don't hate you," Mom checked her watch. "Okay, sweetie. I have to go now. Be a good girl to the teacher, okay?"

I nodded and gave Mom a hug. "Bye, mommy."

"Bye, sweetheart," she gave me a kiss on my forehead and left. My first day of the first grade was scary. I moved to Portland from Orlando, away from my nice friends. Now, I was with mean kids. I walked in the room and all of the kids just stared at me, except one. He just smiled.

I looked away and sat on the desk that was in the very back, where no one sat. The boy who smiled at me sat next to me.

"What's your name?" the boy asked. His brown hair was sticking up everywhere and he dressed kind of weird, but he was nice.

"Tiff," I answered quietly. I was really shy when I talked to people. My long chestnut brown hair covered my face as I looked down.

"I'm Dan-Dan," he grinned, showing off his missing front teeth. "You shouldn't be so shy," he flipped my hair out of my face. "Show off your face! You're not ugly!"

I looked up at him. He was a weirdo, but cool at the same time. I smiled. "You're not ugly either," I tried to move his hair from his face, but he raised his hands up.

"I don't want cooties!" he laughed as he picked his nose and wiped it on the desk. "I want to give you my boogers!"

"Yuck!" I moved my chair away from the desk. Dan-Dan laughed.

"I marked my spot on your desk so I own that spot."

I gave him a weird look. "Why are you so weird?"

He shrugged. "Why are you so shy?"

I shrugged. "I don't know."

"Do you want to be friends?" Dan-Dan asked.

I grinned. "Okay," I scooted my chair back to the desk, but stayed away from the boogers.

He took out his crayons. "Let's color!"

We both colored a lot of things and then this one meanie came over to our desk.

"Look!" the meanie pointed at us. "Dan-Dan got a girlfriend!" the kids went over to our table and laughed.

Dan-Dan narrowed his eyes like they do in those action movies when they were in the desert doing a shoot off. "Yeah, Tiff is my girlfriend!" He stood up from his table. "You want to fight with me, mister?" he raised his fist at the meanie.

The kids backed away and went back to their seats.

I looked at Dan-Dan. "I'm your girlfriend?"

He kissed my cheek. "Yeah," he answered casually as he continued to draw.

"But what's a girlfriend?"

Dan-Dan rubbed his chin. "I think that means a friend that's a girl and you can hold hands and stuff like that."

"Oh, so that means you're my boyfriend?"

He grinned. "Yup!"

"Yay!" I cheered. We continued on coloring.

Dan-Dan was my childhood prince.