35. Octavian: 'Ogre' of Camp Jupiter.

Start from the beginning

"Well shit, Beauty Queen, that explains a lot." Leo whistled.

"And it wasn't even the weirdest thing I found out today." Percy shuddered, thinking of everything that had happened since they'd heard people start to emerge from their Cabins that morning.

"Sorry Pipes, you should have waited a day or two before the eidolon in possession of your body screwed up and made itself known." Leo cackled. "I don't know what outshines it more, the fact Octavian is alive, the fact that Octavian and Nathan ran away together, or the fact that Octavian and Nathan are together."

"Or the reveal that this punk brought Silena, Beckendorf, Castor, probably a bunch of others, and Luke back from the dead." Clarisse lightly punched Percy's arm.

"Errr.." Beckendorf did a double take, reaching up to check his mask was still in place.

"You're holding Silena's hand." Clarisse deadpanned. "And of course Percy would have brought you back together, he's a sentimental little punk, aren't you Jackson?"

It was punctuated with another punch to the arm, this one a little harder. Then it registered that Clarisse had just called him by name, and not by the one that Camp knew the masked version of him as.

"How long have you had me figured out, La Rue?" Percy sighed, somehow not even surprised once it had sunken in enough. She'd always been frighteningly observant.

"Since that first Counsellors meeting when we realised that di Angelo knew who you were." Clarisse shrugged. "I had prior suspicions, mainly because you rocked up calling yourself 'Blue' of all things and then you got claimed in that creek."

"We all know how I ended up in that creek the first time." Percy pointed out with a laugh. It was easy to laugh now, despite the fact he'd pretty much feared for his life during his first ever game of Capture the Flag. "How many electric spears have you gone through since then?"

"Can we just circle back to the fact that apparently you're Percy?" Piper asked, eyes lighting up. It was abundantly clear that she was holding herself back, awaiting confirmation before she did anything rash. "Leo, where's your outrage?"

"I knew." Leo shrugged, refusing to meet her eyes as he made the admission. "The idiot was wandering around without his mask having clandestine meetings with Jason after dark."

"Leo!" Percy groaned. "Can you make that sound any more like you caught me and Jason kissing?"

"Yes." Leo said solemnly, turning to Piper. "Sorry Beauty Queen, I found Percy and Jason kissing on the bench outside Zeus' Cabin."

"I don't know why we're friends." Percy groaned.

"You don't need to worry about other people knowing." Clarisse punched his arm again. "And by people, I mean Annabeth. Not just Annabeth, I floated the idea with a bunch of people and the majority were pissed off with me for suggesting it. Others vehemently denied the possibility, insisting you were dead. Some people just looked at me, shook their heads and walked off. Honestly, I think if we stuck a pair of glasses on you, slicked your hair back, and called you Clark Kent, people would believe it. I never understood how the basic disguises like domino masks, sunglasses, and baseball caps actually worked to hide identities, but our campmates seem thicker than originally imagined."

"Do you have to keep punching me?" Percy asked, not really caring about much else as he rubbed the spot on his arm that she kept punching. "I'm going to bruise!"

"Stop your whining and just dip your arm in the sea if you do." Clarisse rolled her eyes. "Also, I think you should hug Piper before she starts crying or something, because I think she's about to."