Chapter 21: Truth

Media: "Gentleman" by Daniela Andrade and TBOC. So pretty there.

2k reads Kreygasm

____________________

It was around one thirty in the morning when Alison got back to the dorm. She sighed as she found Mizuki curled up and asleep in her computer chair with Dyrus's YouTube videos still playing on her computer. This was probably the fifteenth time Alison saw her like this during the past two months with her. Guess she really wasn't lying when Mizuki said she liked Dyrus a lot more than the other players.

"Hey, Mizuki. You really need to stop doing this. It's starting to get to your grades," Alison scolded her once she got her to wake up.

"Yeah, I know. I'm sorry I'm such a pain in the ass," she murmured and stretched to ease her sore muscles. 

"It's okay. You just gotta take better care of yourself. You're starting to get worse than me, and that's getting really bad," she joked. Mizuki nodded and shut down her computer before heading to her bed.

"Alison?" Mizuki called out quietly.

"What's up?" she answered as she hung up her bag.

"I really need to make all this up to you sometime soon. Without you, I'd probably be a complete wreck," Mizuki confessed as she pulled the blanket up so that it was almost covering her head.

"You really don't need to."

"But I want to!" Mizuki huffed. Alison shook her head and sat at the foot of Mizuki's bed.

"Well, the least you can do right now is sleep, alright? Don't you have a quiz tomorrow-- er, later today?" Mizuki nodded. "Then you're gonna need all the sleep you can get, trust me. Goodnight."

"Goodnight," Mizuki mumbled as she felt Alison get up from her bed. She closed her eyes and tried sleeping, but the silence of the night was too deafening.

The quiet air prompted her brain to fill itself with thoughts, and her mind immediately jumped to Dyrus. The only thing she could focus on was trying to remember exactly how his voice sounded in person, how his laugh sounded, his voice when he got frustrated, anything, but that's kind of hard after not talking to him for two months.

It was four in the morning when Mizuki finally gave up, but luckily, she didn't have to get up until eight. Mizuki turned onto her side, letting all her thoughts drip out of her head, before she walked into a night of hazy dreams.

---

It was Friday now, and Alison offered to take Mizuki sightseeing in San Francisco. It would help clear her mind anyway. They decided to drive up the coast to Bodega Bay, stopping at a few places before they got to the bay.

They drove past open fields where ranchers let their cows and horses graze freely, through dense woods that smelled like fresh pine and cold air, along cliffs that overlooked the ocean's sparkling surface, and above deep valleys that made everything in them seem so small.

Alison took them through the small town near Stinson Beach while Mizuki took pictures of almost everything there for references. They passed through Point Reyes, another small town on the beach, and after half an hour, they stopped at the Tomales Bay Oyster Company just off the side of the road.

"They have some of the best raw oysters here," Alison explained as they got out of the car. "It's a little expensive, but it's really  good shit, especially since they're fresh as fuck."

As they neared the shoreline, a sweet, salty aroma from the bay filled the air. Mizuki waited under the tree near the stairs to the beach as Alison bought the oysters. Soon enough, Alison met up with her, carrying a basket of oysters in ice, and they quickly got situated.